Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

4.3

Not tested on animals

on 7/3/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

OK, I know I have reviewed this before, but I am a total Wen fan. I order the gallons when QVC runs them once a year -- you get two shipments per year -- $177/gallon. I realize this seems very expensive, but as I told my husband, I cut my own hair and I don't color so look at all the money I save there! I do as Chas recommends -- one shampoo to cleanse and a second to be left on while completing your shower and to condition. I only trim my (beyond shoulder) hair about twice a year and I NEVER see a split end. I also only blow dry during the winter months as I can't stand a hot dryer at any other time. I have very fine hair that's not very thick and this leaves my hair absolutely beautiful!

on 4/28/2014 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This cleans the hair but it leaves it too full and unmanageable. I do not get glossy, swinging hair as in the infomercials. I left it on as directed and rinsed very thoroughly. I just used it last night and my hair is difficult to manage today. It just does not rinse out enough or leave the hair really clean. I hate the mint smell. It lingers after the hair is dry. I get far better results with any of my other shampoos or conditioners. My daughter loves it and has fabulous hair, but it doesn't work for me.

Got this as an Xmas gift. Took a little adjusting to get used to how much to use. The label says 10-16 pumps - using 10 made my hair seem oily and heavy. I adjusted use 4-5 pumps and only do it once applying to scalp and massaging in, then rinsing, I am very pleased and my hair which previously had the texture of straw andtended to look frizzy, feels soft and nice and the frizz factor is almost gone. Surprising to me, it did an excellent job of cleansing (surprising me since there is no lather at all - its sort of like working conditioner thru your hair) I believe the cucumber aloe is supposed to be a lighter product which since my hair is very thin and fine, may do better when I buy again. I dont need mail order purchasing where they ship every month, I will go to Sephora or thru Amazon to get this as I need it. The gift set came with some extra conditioner which is too heavy for my hair and I'll give to a friend. Overall, I think its a good product but does take some getting used to (no lather at all and figuring out what the minimum to use it so it doesnt weigh down your hair).

on 10/26/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

My hair recently became fried because of bad highlights, too many corrective treatments. It had become dry, dull and brittle even. The worst condition of my life. I have loads of hair products because I'm a product junky. I bought the Sweet Almond cleanser/conditioner and the leave-in conditioner. I wanted to hate it because of the cost and those awful infomercials. I followed directions, using less pumps because my hair is fine. Well, my hair is now shiny, soft and my color is brighter. I love the results. I haven't been able to duplicate the results with any other products. I'll use this up and keep trying others too. And, no Keratase product has helped either. Won't buy again because it's just too expensive. But the results are really nice. I think results with it probably have more to do with hair condition and texture. My scalp is dryer (age related, ya know) and I have a hunch that those with oilier scalps will not benefit from this product. IMNSHO.

I love, love, love this product! Wen Cleansing conditioner is definitely a different way to cleanse/condition and style my hair.
1) You must use the product correctly. a) Rinse hair for 2-3 minutes, b) pump 10-15 times into your hands c) work into your hair vigorously for a few minutes and spread out to all your hair with provided comb d) Rinse and do it again e) now leave the product in your hair while you continue bathing/showering f) rinse thoroughly AND while hair is still drenched, work into it another 1 to 2 pumps of product along with a dime/quarter size amount of styling creme.

If you are blowing out your hair, use 1 pump of leave in, if you are air drying use 2 pumps of leave in cleansing conditioner.

It sounds like alot but I can assure you it is done fast and simply. I am a perfect example, I have only been using the product for 2 weeks and I have Parkinson's!

I have color treated hair and it has never been as soft and shinning as it is with Wen.

The KEY is to use the proper amount of product, follow the directions and you will love it too!

on 7/22/2009 1:55:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's made a world of difference in my dry, coarse hair--making it soft, shiny and easy to manage.

It's expensive, but it's also the only product I use [no conditioners, leave-ins or styling products.] I have thick hair and use *much less* than the recommended amount. I use between 5-7 pumps for each "shampoo" and that more than enough.

Give it a try. With QVC, you have a 30-day guarantee.