Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.0

Not tested on animals

on 6/5/2017 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good product,not miracolous as they make it seem on tv tho. It did leave my hair clean and nice,but I dont really think its worth the price and all the extra time it takes to wash your hair. Its really pricey since you need a lot of product and the bottle is really expensive.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My hair is thinning, dry and very fine (what a terrible combination). Bought this at Sephora when I ran out shampoo and at the annoying urging of the sales person.
First impression was surprised that I need 16 pump for my shoulder length hair? But I never follow instruction anyway, so I halves the pump.
Smell: Nice minty
Texture : Thick Conditioner type
Washing off: easy
Aftermath : It does leave my hair hydrated but a tiny bit oily on the scalp. When you have thinning hair that's a bad thing because it reveals your baldness. So the second try on this shampoo, I halved the pump into 4 pump. So my hair still very hydrated afterwards with a nice sheen. The scalp not oily this time but by the end of day it get oilier than when I was using my avalon biotin shampoo.
Conclusion : Not suitable for daily use. Use it for deep conditioning once a week. Extra caution for those with fine thinning hair

on 8/25/2015 3:46:00 AM

This product is too heavy for my hair and weighs the hair down. I do not feel like my roots are sufficiently cleansed either. I suppose that this product would be better off on coarser, thicker hair. Anyone with fine hair, avoid this product.

I hate this!
I don't understand the whole "no shampoo" thing, although it has caught on pretty quickly. My mom had a bottle in her shower so I tried it. According to the commercials, I should have noticed an amazing difference after just one wash.
The only thing I noticed was greasy, flat hair and the sensation of weight on my head, like a petroleum jelly hat. If you enjoy spending up to $50 on QVC like mom did and still end up feeling totally unclean, this is for you!
All I want to know is this: does Chaz Dean use body washes? I think so. Then why wouldn't he or anyone else want clean hair? Meh, to each his or her own.

on 9/13/2014 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a bottle of this stuff as a gift. I have naturally oily skin and hair, so I wasn't sold on the idea of washing my hair with conditioner. To be safe, I decided to shampoo my hair first before using this as the bottle directed (even though it broke my heart to use so much product and I was skeptical of doing so). Well, my hair came out super silky, but so weighed down and greasy feeling. Nope, no thanks! But I'm not one to waste things, so I decided to try using this as regular conditioner (focusing on ends, using a small blob of product, not getting it near my roots, etc.), and you know what? It's actually an awesome conditioner for my coarse, thick hair. It does the best job of detangling my tangly hair of probably any conditioner I've used. I don't love the scent, but it's not strong and doesn't linger, so it's not really a problem for me. And with the way I use it, my bottle will probably last me for years. I've barely put a dent in it. I probably won't repurchase because I'm a cheapskate when it comes to most beauty products and I will try to find something comparable at a better price, but if that doesn't work out, I probably will come back to this.

If something supposedly does two things, it probably does them both very poorly. Made my hair greasy and dandruff everyday - how is that attractive? Plus, spending 45 minutes in the shower is a waste of time, money and water. Read countless reviews on how after time this will clog your hair follicles causing hair loss. If you are not getting rid of dead skin by cleansing your hair, then this will occur. Finally, I had fried my hair by going blonde, and you know what helped: trimming off the ends every month or so, not styling, going back to brunette, and leave-in treatments (I.e. Moroccan oil, etc.).

This experience has been absolutely painful. I ordered WEN's "trial" package earlier this year via their website. I promptly received my first shipment. I was not thoroughly impressed with the product; I have fine hair and felt it did not do anything for me, infact it made my hair limper. A few months passed and ANOTHER package came in the mail... At this point I started wondering why I was still receiving product. It turned out that they had been charging my credit card for all the interim months. When they tell you the product is only X amount of dollars monthly, what they mean is that they are SPLITTING up the payment over a few months because it is actually upwards of $100 CDN per shipment.

The only other notable experience for me was with their customer service. Firstly, expect to spend a significant amount of time on the phone with them. Secondly, do not expect to speak with someone pleasant. My first call was absolutely horrendous and actually left my angrier than I was originally. She was not accommodating and instead put the blame on me. I called back a second time (after speaking with my credit card company about how to get all the money I had spent reimbursed) and the second lady was lovely. However, I have not been reimbursed fully and will likely spend even more time trying to reclaim funds through my credit card company.

If you really want to try WEN, go and buy a bottle at Sephora. I cannot personally recommend the product, I have seen better results with numerous cheaper alternatives, and I can say with 100% confidence that ordering through their website was a nightmare.

on 6/22/2014 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've heard about co-washing for years but had the usual concerns of oily roots, smell, that sort of thing. I finally decided to try Wen after if had been recommended rather heartily by a lovely Sephora associate in Willow Bend, TX, so I bought the starter kit. First off, I love the smell, it's just perfect. It doesn't seem to stick around after my hair has been styled, but I guess that's what the refresher is for! Anyway, I have very blonde highlighted hair with lowlights. I wash, blow dry and flat iron around 2-3x's/week. Basically, my hair is dry and damaged and fine. When I use the washing conditioner, I use 4 full pumps, which I thought was a lot until I read on here that you're supposed to use 10-15 pumps, that would be like half of the bottle!! But 4 pumps seems to be perfect for me, I make sure I get it all up in my scalp and massage it around, and of course the length but my hair is only shoulder length. There is no lathering at all which takes a minute to get used to, but the good massage action gets my hoar perfectly clean, no strange leftover odors. I usually let it sit while I finish showering, in case it continues to condition, then I gently rinse, I don't even rinse it entirely off. After several weeks of using this, I'm about halfway through the bottle and I bought the bigger size, even though my wallet cried. I can't see myself going back to mere foaming shampoos again, regardless of hair coloring status. I love this stuff. Oh, no greasy roots either, although if it starts to feel a little buildup-y I'll use a regular foaming shampoo (gently) maybe like twice a month, followed by the wen deep moisture mask.

on 6/1/2014 12:22:00 AM

This is one of the worst products I've ever used. It made my hair fall out in clumps. It also left my hair feeling dirty, weighed down and greasy. I used it twice with the same results before I returned it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have long, curly, color treated, damaged, dry hair. I use heat about once to twice a week and was looking to stop uses shampoo and start hydrating my hair.

I really love this product. Honestly....It is very finicky and not easy to use at all, you have to be willing to go trial-and-error and have some days where your hair looks dirty, flat and gross. But when you get it right, the right amount of product, the right amount of rinses, the right styling product, your hair looks and feels amazing. While that much work is way more than I would like to do just to have clean and healthy hair, once you figure out what works for your particular head of hairs, it really becomes easy and quick.

My color has lasted so much longer since I started using Wen exclusively.

I recommend purchasing from Sephora or Qvc, not directly from Wen, as I have heard they have horrible customer service and billing procedures.

This is a product you either love or hate, I held back on reviewing until I had been exclusively using Wen to wash my hair for a significant amount of time. I can honestly say in my experience this product has been really good for my hair. I wish it was cheaper, but I really can say I will purchase again.

I refuse to call myself a "wen girl", it really isnt THAT amazing, you can get similar results from other products for much cheaper, but there is some value to the hype, my scalp is healthy, I have less hair coming out in the shower and my color lasts much longer.

Video Reviews & Tutorials