Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

No Image

2.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have very thick, coarse hair that has been through a lot of heat damage. I use to flat iron my hair at everyday a few years back, but now I curl my hair about once a week. So my hair does still come in contact with occasional heat. This product does a great job at making my hair feel clean and fresh and reversing the damaging effects of the heat.

How I use it - when I get in the shower I wet my hair for about 1-1/2 minutes to make sure it is thoroughly soaked. It says to apply about 24 pumps for my length of hair (my hair is down to my mid back), but I only apply enough pumps that I feel is necessary. It says to apply it to hair one time, rinse, and then apply it again and let it work it's magic. I apply about 6-7 pumps the first time, add some water to it, rub it around, rinse, and then repeat. I then wash my body, shave, do whatever I need to do, and then rinse it out with cold water. Now here is where all the complaints from other people come in...they do not rinse the product out of their hair well enough. So they say that their hair feels weighed down, oily, etc. You HAVE to rinse it out completely and well. It takes me about two minutes to ensure that I get all of the Wen out of my hair. Once it is all out, I wrap it up in a towel, let it dry for 5 minutes, and then apply my products.

When my hair is dry, it feels and looks great. I really, really like this product. I use it along with the anti-frizz serum and the vanilla conditioning treatment. I got three cleansing conditioners, the anti-frizz product, and the conditioning treatment for free. A friend of mine get's a box containing five Wen product every four months for $40, so she gave me the package that came because she finds it too much work. Which is true, it does require time and effort. I wash my hair every Sunday and Thursday, so about every four days. So I usually have the time to wash my hair with this, but when I don't have time I just use my regular shampoo and conditioner.

Overall, great product and I would highly recommend it to others. Just make sure you use it correctly, or else the results won't be good.

UPDATE - After using this product for a while, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be continuing to use this product. At first it was great and it does make my hair feel nice afterwards, but I've been noticing more hair fall than usual. I thought I was just noticing my hair fall because of people bringing it up when using this product, but it really does make your hair fall out. I really wish that wasn't the case, but it is. For that reason, I will no longer be using this product.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I like this when I use shampoo first, not without. It makes my hair greasy and weighed down :/

on 7/15/2013 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I ordered this from the shopping channel and it was a big mistake. The costumer service was horrible when you try to cancel an order they hound you and say they'll send you some of their other products. Trying to cancel my second order was a nightmare. The cleanser it's self was pretty moisturizing but it wasn't worth the money. I'd buy this if it was cheaper and they sold it in stores where I could return it without any hassle.

I recently received a bottle of this as a gift from my cousin,who is a hairstylist.This has 2 sizes,a 8oz and a 16oz.They want you to use like 16 pumps,which is way too much.I have extremely thick hair and its pretty long,and I only use 4 pumps.Since using this product,my hair is much more soft and shiny.It is very soft to the touch and I get many compliments on my hair.The only downsides is that this product stinks,bad.It is very minty and reminds me of medicated chapstick.The pump also doesn't work very well,it stops when the bottle is 2/3 gone.Overall,this is a very good product,and I would purchase.A little pricy,but it really is wonderful.

on 3/15/2013 6:12:00 PM

I was really excited to try Wen despite the high price. The amount of product they want you to use is outrageous! Wen made my hair fall out, feel greasy, and fall flat. Not to mention when you reach the last 1/3 of the bottle, the pump does not work! The only good thing about this product is the smell!

I always wanted to try wen cleansing conditioner. Finally went to sephora o see they sell the sweet almond mint in single bottles and in a kit. I bough the kit that came with the cleansing conditioner, the hydrating sweet mint deep cleansing conditioner, and the hydrating conditioning spray. I was all excited got home took my shower followed the directions carefully. I used 10 pumps I have pretty thin hair but it can soak up deep conditionings without getting greasy. I swore like almost half the bottle was gone after one use! I thought it was kind of pathetic considering the price isn't the best. I normally use the Moroccan oil brand volumizing shampoo and conditioner which normal costs 20 dollars for a small bottle but its my favorite stuff that leaves your hair healthy an shiny an I'm used to paying high prices or hair car and your only supposed to use the one bottle so its not to bad but if your thinking that this stuff will give you magical results and no fuzz while blowing drying think again it made my hair shiny and smoot the first time the second time just was okay the third time my hair got greasy easy it builds up to easily on your scalp when you use to much I recommend you use five pumps as appose to the 8-12 suggested pumps because you really don't need that much conditioner on your hair also I notice after I was the wen off my hair feels dry as not smooth like my Moroccan oil so what I've been doing is using wen then using moroccan oils conditioner for that smoothness and my hair looks amazing after blow drying I don't even both straightening

MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is awesome but when you get to the bottom of the bottle you have to use your finger to get it out.

I've only used Wen three times, but I totally love it!

The first thing I've noticed is that my dandruff has gotten a lot better - I guess because Wen isn't drying out my scalp like regular shampoo. The second thing is that my hair colour doesn't fade as much. I dye my hair red, and usually when I wash my hair the water runs out red, but with Wen the water runs clear!

My hair is also clean and well-conditioned. Okay, it hasn't had quite the effect that the infomercials had, but what infomercials product does? My dry ends feel a bit nicer, my hair is clean, my scalp is better, and my colour is fading a lot less. That is good enough for me!

on 9/8/2012 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My friend had told me that she liked this product and worked well for her thick, curly hair, but she didn't seem "in love" with it. Fortunately, I didnt waste my money on this because she gave me a bottle. I have very thick, slightly wavy, frizzy, and dry hair, and the end result looked nothing like the infomercials on tv.

First of all, it's very time consuming. My hair is thick and about mid-back length and it probably took me 10 minutes to wash my hair, and another 10 to rinse out, and I even might have rushed that. It still didnt feel like it was completly rinsed out of my hair either.

Also, I had to use like 25 pumps, in about three uses 1/5 of the bottle was gone. The minty smell was overwhelming also.

End result, my hair was still dry, frizzy, flat, and dull. Using pantene or john frieda worked better! And that's less than $10 a bottle and lasts forever. Maybe I didn't it enough to get good results, but I gave up after a few uses. I'll stick to my drugstore brand shampoo and conditioner.