Clairol Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

Clairol Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

3.3

on 8/21/2012 2:55:00 PM

I have very coarse, oily, wavy hair. I bought this thinking that it might help clear up my oily scalp with the strong chemicals in it.
It DID clear it up my scalp, but it made my ends feel like straw, and I started losing TONS of hair, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing for me because I have so much hair, but when I could gently run my hand through my hair and get a handful of hair, it was scary.

I didn't see any change in the straightness of my hair, either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this quite a while ago for close to $5.00.

PROS:
Smells nice
Pretty Package

CONS:
Does not work at all

*THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED*

I got this product with unrealistic hopes of it straightening my wavy hair.
But sadly, it did not. Let me start of by saying the smell is wonderful. But the product itself is, IMO, misleading. This shampoo does nothing that a good old Frizz Control shampoo can do. I will not be buying this product again, even in the revived format.

on 3/10/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The reason I gave this shampoo a rating of 2 is that it has a wonderful smell...other than that..it is the worst shampoo I have ever bought and I regret having invested in it without reading the reviews first! I have wavy hair! Not that I expected a shampoo to make my hair "dangerously straight" but I expected it to lend some softness and frizz control! All I got is dry, more frizzy and crow's nest hair! (I used conditioner too, btw). I can't just throw it away now!! Better use it as a dish wash or a detergent!!

on 1/26/2012 11:48:00 PM

Loved this stuff!! The smell was amazing and it worked good too! I wish they didnt stop making it

I've used this shampoo/conditioner for about 3-4 years & I love it. It smells amazing & comes in huge bottles, so it will last forever. Nothing actually "straightens" your hair by itself without using a flat iron, so you need to have realistic expectations. This does not make your hair straight right from walking out of the shower, nothing does that unless you're born with straight hair. What this does is smooth your natural hair to help it straighten better when you use your flat iron. It works well for helping with smoothing & helping keep frizz away. One thing I will say, is that this will suck the color out of your hair (if you have color treated hair). This definitely is not a color safe shampoo. I think this line has been discontinued if I'm not mistaken, that's why I stocked up on it. I haven't seen it at walmart anymore. But it was cheap & effective. I hope it comes back:/

This is just shampoo... It's not going to straighten your hair.

It works, it smells good, it won't do you wrong... but you want straight hair plug in your flat iron.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shampoo claims to be a straightening shampoo, and while it doesn't change my wavy curls to gorgeous straight strands, it makes my hair less frizzy, smooth, and smelling amazing! It doesn't straighten (like I just said), but it makes my hair easier to straighten, so for that I give it credit. The scent is just amazing, I could smell my hair all day long, but that would be creepy. I have seen my curls be much smoother and softer since I started using this. And it's crazy cheap, and easily accessible since most drugstores like Walmart, London Drugs, Shoppers carry it. Great product! :)

on 2/22/2011 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this to help smooth my crazy waves down. I did not expect it straighten my hair in shower, and of course it does not do that. It does make the styling process easier though. And it does make my waves look a little smoother, although it really doesn't remove much of the wave itself.
Pretty darn cheap, smells good, feels nice when it lathers. I would say it's a nice shampoo for anyone on a budget (which I am) and wants a little smoothness to their hair. However, this stuff isn't all that moisturizing, so plan on using a conditioner with it. The Dangerously Straight conditioner is decent as well, and the two work nicely together.
Not amazing stuff, but for the price, I think it's pretty nice. I'll probably keep a bottle around for days when I do want to straighten my waves.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It wasn't very moisturizing and did not make my hair straighter at all. My hair is naturally straight (but not pin-straight)

on 10/29/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Did it make my hair straight? In a word-- no. It does leave my hair clean, soft, and super-shiny, though, and seemingly easier to dry and style with much less frizz than usual. I use it together with the matching conditioner and have had good--if not miraculous--results. Inexpensive and a nice-smelling, decent product. I'll re-purchase.

Popular Shampoos