MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Soba

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Soba
MAC Soba EyeshadowEye Shadow - Soba

4.5

on 11/29/2018 6:50:00 PM

I thought Soba wouldve never worked for me and i was 100 percent wrong. I put Mac Soba on the lid and Cork in the crease and i fell in love(for now). Soba is a gorgeous light caramel brown that leans gold. It looks scary and mustardy but does not transfer as anything green or too yellow on my eyes. Maybe because i have pale yellow skin. Its so natural and i use this everyday as my lid shade. It has replaced my Mac Era eyeshadow. Era washed me out and brought out my dark circles when worn alone(i think its the silvery sheen making it look very grey) I couldnt pull it off. Same with Patina and Omega. Those were all too ashy. I figured i should try neutral warm shadows and Soba is very pretty. A lot of korean makeup artist and actresses uses this for a natural my lids but better look. Soba is an effortless look. Its so easy to slap on and it blends seamlessly with my skin and into darker brown shades. I just wish its more pigmented. Sometimes i have to really dig into the shadow and pack this on.

Edit- after using this for a couple months i decided i wouldnt repurchase. It doesnt show up that well on me. Yes it is a mlbb but i can achieve the same look with bronzer.

C1 nc20 asian dark brown hair.
My fav eyeshadows are
Brule, Cork, Texture, Brown Script. Embark and Ricepaper

on 2/22/2018 1:51:00 PM

Fantastic one wash colour. I bought this after seeing the YouTubed The Anna Edit rave about it and I’m glad I did. I have dark brown hair and pale skin and this flatters my dark brown eyes.

on 11/26/2017 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This shade is lovely for a blonde with warm tones and brown eyes. It really seems to pick up the gold in my eyes. Is light enough to look casual enough for every day and doesn't over power/look too made up on blonde. If I feel that I need more intensity I layer over it a darker shade. I tried a lot of eye shadows and this ones my favourite as a base colour. It is a very powdery consistency too, holding a lot of pigment. My HG eyeshadow.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am not that big on MAC eyeshadows if I am honest, but I got Soba with a little limited edition duo, which came out earlier this summer and I freaking love it.

Don't be fooled by its somewhat pukey appearance, Soba is actually that perfect, buttery smooth neutral warm brown, which is great for the crease (if you are doing a warm/neutral eye makeup) or even on its as a single wash of colour all over the lid. I love just how laid back and easy it is. You can read more about how I use it in a separate review here (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/08/02/Top-10-Millennial-Pink-Beauty-Products). Other than that, don't sleep on it!

on 3/3/2017 10:26:00 PM

I love MAC shadows and will continue to love MAC eye shadows no matter how many times I stray with other pallets. I have had so many MAC brown/taupe colors that at times I would just say no, no more browns.
For this reason I had not purchased Soba until about 4 months ago and am kicking myself.

I am very pale, cool undertones, blue eyes and blondish/reddish hair at the moment. I thought for sure Soba would look terrible on me but I was wrong. While it is an ideal color for someone with warmer tones, us cool girls/guys need this color too. Unbelievably buttery and easy to blend out, I usually just pack this on my lid and blend it out. If I want to get a little more fancy, like today, I will use Print in my outer corner and crease to give some definition and I end up with the most natural, neutral yet professional looking makeup that really made my blue eyes pop.

Love the subtle gold shimmers in the eyeshadow, it adds something extra to this otherwise matte eyeshadow while still looking very natural on the eyes. However, I'm not sure if i got a dud or what, the pigmentation is very very very sheer. This is my 2nd mac eyeshadow, so I am alttle thrown off by the quality of it, especially since it's MAC.

However, I will definitely repurchasing again! The colour is too pretty to not to!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Many years ago, I was all set to purchase Soba at a MAC store when the SA said "It's VERY yellow, you know?" in a not very encouraging tone of voice, and that alone put me off purchasing it for some reason. Fast forward to 2016, when MAC dropped its prices on the Pro Pan eye shadows (my preferred form in any case) and I figured I would pick this up because it seemed like it might be a great blending out shade...on the warmer side but not too warm (orange shades like Makeup Geek Peach Smoothie or Creme Brulee do not look good on me). I am really happy I have Soba. Even when I am not wearing anything more than Painterly Paint Pot or a flesh toned eyeshadow to even out the colour of my lids, Soba brushed into the crease with a MAC 224 brush or the Sonia Kashuk crease brush I've had forever helps me give a bit of definition and contour to my eyes while remaining virtually undetectable as "makeup". It makes for a great blending/transition shade between what I might be using to define my crease and the area just above and the naturally very light colour of my brow bone either with or without a highlight shade. "Very yellow" or not, it is a great, unassuming but versatile eyeshadow to have and it has actually become one of my most used eyeshadows because of that versatility.

on 10/21/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A good everyday shade that is perfect for work or for looking pulled together. It doesn't emphasize any redness from lack of sleep and I like to blend it with darker shades. It should be a part of a basic eye palette.

on 6/24/2016 12:39:00 AM

Would I repurchase? A resounding yes! MAC Soba is my lids but better eyeshadow LOL. It goes a soft brown on me without looking chalky and blends like a dream. I sport is all over my Asian hooded lids with eyeliner or in the crease with Patina or Ricepaper. My favorite eyeshadow from MAC and I still haven't discovered all the ways to play with it yet!

on 5/7/2016 6:35:00 PM

USD$16. On my C2/NC20 skin, this looks like a very natural, medium-toned grayish brown. Although there's little flecks of shimmer in the color, the end result is no shimmer or shine at all. From a makeup artist's recommendation, I use it to contour my lids for depth and to add a little shadowing around the bridge of my nose. It look so natural - better than any of the other contouring products out there for eyes/nose. It goes on very sheer, so you can layer and layer it without looking heavy or unnatural.