MAC Satin - Soba

MAC Satin - Soba

4.5

on 6/24/2016 12:39:00 AM

Would I repurchase? A resounding yes! MAC Soba is my lids but better eyeshadow LOL. It goes a soft brown on me without looking chalky and blends like a dream. I sport is all over my Asian hooded lids with eyeliner or in the crease with Patina or Ricepaper. My favorite eyeshadow from MAC and I still haven't discovered all the ways to play with it yet!

on 5/7/2016 6:35:00 PM

USD$16. On my C2/NC20 skin, this looks like a very natural, medium-toned grayish brown. Although there's little flecks of shimmer in the color, the end result is no shimmer or shine at all. From a makeup artist's recommendation, I use it to contour my lids for depth and to add a little shadowing around the bridge of my nose. It look so natural - better than any of the other contouring products out there for eyes/nose. It goes on very sheer, so you can layer and layer it without looking heavy or unnatural.

To Read all 172 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/24/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Soba is a beautiful caramel colour which complements my brown eyes. I find that I can wear this one on its own or blended with other colours such as Cork or Saddle in the crease. As a Satin, I find it works well on my mature lids. It's subtle but buildable with no fallout. I find it pigmented and wonderfully buttery. I would call it a sophisticated colour, which I find lasts well with a lid primer. I'm very happy to have this colour in my palette and use it regularly.

on 9/28/2015 10:44:00 AM

I bought this per the recommendation of a MAC artist who I chatted with on their site. I was looking for a peanut butter color, and this one absolutely isn't peanut butter (soft brown would have been a much better recommendation), but it is unique and pretty. It is a satin but it isn't super shimmery, it has more of a glow and to my eye, it is a brownish olive color. I like to pair it with blanc type--blanc type all over, then soba in the crease, for a more natural look. This is not a very pigmented shadow, which is frustrating. I have to dip into the shadow about 5 times to get the look I want, so it's definitely not a shadow I use when I'm pressed for time. Makeup Geek's preppy is similar in color but it has more olive, matte and better pigmentation.

on 7/27/2015 10:05:00 AM

After patina, soba is my next choice. It is divine. Adds depth and vibrance to eyes.

on 12/13/2014 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have over 60 mac eyeshadows, this one is my hoily grail. Because with only using that I shadow,

1- I can create a daily look when I applied it to all over my lid and crease. ( especially it looks so sexy soft baby pink lips)
2- If I add a crease color like wedge, texture or brown script, I can create sexy day time look.
3- With black cat eyeliner only on top, I can pair with red or bordeaux lipstick.
4-With black gel liner both top of my eye and waterline, I can create sexy arabic look.(dont forget to apply liner/gel between your bottom lashes and smudged it)
5- If you apply soft black pencil which has shimmers on your lash line and smudged it you create the most beautiful effortless smokey eye. ( Of course dont forget your crease color. Also you can umph this effortless smokey eye with a little gel liner).

on 9/6/2014 8:34:00 AM

I love this shadow. I would not have picked it out, based on it's mustardy color in the tube, but for other reviews. It goes on beautifully. Depending on how much I apply, it ranges from a neutral "my eyelids only better" to a dramatic warm color.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

When I first bought it I was expecting to wear it all over the lid for a neutral but nice wash of colour but it was of course a bit more boring than I thought on my nc44 skin tone. So I wound up putting it aside for a long time till I found out that it does some serious magic when it comes to blending.. way way better than my other neutral soft brown shades. I use this to blend out any and all harsh lines. It's great for toning down shadows that you might have accidentally applied too much of or went too far out of bounds with. This is seriously now one of my most useful shadows for that purpose and I use it almost every day that I wear eyeshadow.

on 2/19/2014 7:26:00 PM

A gorgeous medium golden brown with extremely subtle shimmer particles. Great for contouring the eyes or serving as a quick wash of colour across the lid.
Is quite a unique colour so I will purchase again.

on 12/24/2013 5:00:00 PM

I LOVE this shadow! It's something I wouldn't have bought on my own. Just looking at it in the container, it doesn't seem that special. However, I went to the MAC counter to get my makeup done for a wedding and this was one of the items that the makeup artist used on me. I purchased it that day and have been using it pretty regularly ever since!

I first use Blushbaby, Mac blush as a base over the primer, as the makeup artist showed me how to do. I then use a lighter pink shade on the majority of my lid and use Soba around the crease and outer edge of my eye. With primer, it stays all day! It is a great neutral color, and I do this look whenever I'm wearing a very bright lipstick. It makes my brown eyes pop without being too over the top. I love it! I'll definitely repurchase this when I run out. It is my go to shadow!