4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

This is the nicest self-tanner I've used. I have tried SO many... and this one is by far the best bang for your buck. I bought it for $4 at Wal-Mart just to try it out, because I figured the $4 would be terrible... It gave me a nice buildable glow! It's not instant gratification, but after 3 days of continuous application you WILL notice a difference. I only got a bit of orange color on my wrist, and make sure you blend it in well! The orange spots are easy to fix with regular lotion to blend it into your skin. The smell is wonderful compared to most self- tanners. It will get that tanning smell though after you've had it on for a while, but it is very faint and it does go away. I would highly recommend this for someone of fair skin. I even use this on my face! The packaging is just a nice convienient pump bottle, and the large bottle will last you a long time! Anyways, I love this product!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I have been using tanners for 25 years, usually full strength because I like instant gratification. Decided to try this as more of a year round look. Smell, artificial sweet citrus, I can see people either loving or hating, did go away in 2 hours-right about the time the tanner smell kicks in. Not bad like a full strength, but the chemical reaction on your skin will smell.....it just will. I put it on pretty thick, it did sink all the way in pretty quickly-until I went running, then it did slime up a bit. I got a shade darker,in one application, maybe 1/3 of what I get with my HG Loreal Sublime tanner. Overall it is quicker to apply, with lower smell, so it is nice when you don't want to make a big project out of the tanner.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

8 years ago

I came across the product on drugstore.com, as I have never seen it in stores before. It had great reviews and you can't beat the price at around $5.00 for a large, 20.5 oz size. I have fair skin and needed something that would gradually give me natural looking color to transition into summer. So far, I have used this product every morning for four days straight. It dries fairly quickly and has a tropical smell (but not overwhelming) and the smell fades after a couple of hours. I do notice a hint of the "self-tanner" smell after the tropical scent fades, but nothing to be concerned about. It moisturizes well and I have started to notice a bit of color. I think it will take about a week or two to achieve the "glow" that I want, which is fine because I prefer the gradual process. All in all, this is a great product for the money and I will be ordering more.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

8 years ago

I am 54 years old, and I do not tan anymore, but of course I want to look fresh and healthy. I have tried every self tanner on the market, and this product is the absolute best product I have ever tried! My coworkers always say I look so young and tan. They can't believe I don't go the a tanning bed to maintain my glow all year. I get out of the shower and cover my body, including my face and neck, with Ever Glow. I never have to use another moisturizer. Ever Glow is all I use. It works best if you use it consistently. I never miss a day. After about a month of use, you will begin to see a glow on your skin. This glow will remain as long as you use the product.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

8 years ago

i've bought this product the past 2 summers. i LOVE the smell and the how it moisturizes your skin. last summer is maintained my tan for a while AND made my tan glowy. however, this year i didn't notice much of a difference but it might have been because i didn't use it everyday like last summer. i wouldnt use it as a self tanner during the winter personally but i'm sure it'll leave your skin looking glowy [ i might try before i buy another tanner] my only con is that this past year as well, my skin felt dry within a few hours of using, but i still use it. i love it, its worth a try!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium

9 years ago

Where the devil have I been; how is it that I just now read about this product after years on MUA? This is a fantastic product! I love everything about it: The scent, the peach color of the lotion itself, the warm glow it gives my skin, the price, the value! I've purchased this for friends and they love it too; at less than $4 one can afford to! If you want a deep tropical tan from a lotion this is not for you. But if you want to look healthy and sun-kissed with a lotion that smells like Creamcicles, you'll love this.

About reviewer (472 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Wavy, Medium

3.0

9 years ago

This lotion is wonderful. It smells like an orange dreamsicle, doesnt stain, streak, or feel heavy on the skin. I use it in combination with SUN labs self tanner and it looks great. My absolute favorite part about this lotion is the sheen it gives your body when you apply it. When I put it on my arms and legs they have a very dewy, shiny look and it melts right in to your skin. Softens really well too. For less than $4 why not?!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

9 years ago

I bought this at Walmart for less than $4 for a LARGE bottle. I saw results after one application. I always apply this after I shower in the evening & let it sink in good overnight. The smell is pleasant & orangey. My skin felt cool & tingly after putting it on. I am very happy with this & hope it doesn't get discontinued.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

9 years ago

As a previous reviewer said, I am stunned as well. Got this at Walmart and after trying alot of self tanners and never happy with them, I thought I would give this a try. It is a gradual self tanner but I got a hint of color after the first application. I applied it every night for 3 nights until I reached the color I wanted. There are no streaks, it is not orange, has not stained my hands and does not leave the tell tale signs of self tanner on the usual spots (knee, ankles, elbows, wrists). I love this. It smells really good when you appy it BUT it is a self tanner so within a couple hours, you are going to smell. I apply mine before bed and shower the smell off in the morning. I am very pleased with this product.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

from

9 years ago

I'm stunned. Absolutely stunned. Thanks to MUA, I ended up purchasing this Ocean Potion Ever Glow Lotion. Got it at Walmart for $3.88 so I picked up the last two bottles in the store. Where do I begin? OK. I'm the queen of fake tan. Years ago, I started fake tanning on my legs only because of my aversion to pantyhose. The first fake tan I ever used was Clarins and it stunk to high heaven and was orangey, but that was years ago. Anyway, due to skin cancer, I do make an attempt to not bake in the sun anymore. It just isn't good for the skin--I really limit my sun time these days. I've used L'Oreal (and like it), Jergens (like it), Coppertone and more. Some leave me orange, some leave me looking kind of dirty, some dry out my skin, some stain my clothing--but every single one of them smell bad. Every. Last. One. Ocean Potion Ever Glow does not smell bad. It is true, the scent is like a refreshing orange creamsicle..the scent is very nice and fades after a while, which is great! The pump in the bottle gives you a nice amount to spread around. Leaves skin soft and glowing. But...does it work to "tan" your skin? Well..it does. However it does not give you a dark tan, and it doesn't leave your arms and legs looking dirty and streaky. It gives you a very light gradual tan--trust me, I have naturally fish-belly-white skin with freckles. Over the years I prayed that the freckles would grow and blend so that I would have a natural tan, but it never happened. Ever Glow really gives you a nice color. Not orangey at all. Just enough color to not have to wear those horrid panty hose and it just makes your skin look nice. I gave this five stars and did so because I do like the lighter color. If you are looking for a fake tanner that is super-dark, this is not for you, but if you want a hint of tan to make your skin look healthier, then run to the store and grab this!! It is amazing that a product so inexpensive has managed to be void of that fake tan smell--amazing! The packaging is nice an handy and I absolutely will purchase this again. Great find--thank you so much fellow MUA'ers for helping me in my quest for great product!

About reviewer (211 reviews)

Age56 & Over