LaurEss Glistening Lip Gloss

No Image

My favorite mineral lipgloss! Now, I'm more of a lipstick girl than a lipgloss girl. Personally I prefer rich, opaque and matte colors and the other mineral lip products I have sampled while being very lovely, are often a bit too much on the "sheer and shimmery" side for my taste. So I was very pleasantly surprised to find that LaurEss lipgloss colors have quite pigmented, I would say semi-opaque colors. Neither sticky or goopy, they are just perfect. I really need to buy more colors. Current favorite: FLING.

on 2/12/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I can not say enough great things about this lipgloss! There are some many amazing colors - both sparkly and matte. Most have a yummy natural chocolate scent. Mmmmmm! I think that my favorite thing about this lipgloss is that it is NOT STICKY! Yes, you read that correctly. NOT STICKY. I have long hair and I can't stand it when my hair gets stuck to my lipgloss and then smears across my face! Anyone with long hair and sticky lipgloss will know what I am talking about. In short, I love this lipgloss!

Update - I didn't think it was possible to love this lipgloss anymore, but I do! There is a new and improved formulation!! It is a little more pigmented, so it lasts longer, and there is now a yummy vanilla scent!

on 11/9/2006 8:09:00 PM

I just received samples of this lip gloss and it is wondeful! The chocolate smell is great, but not overpowering at all. I sampled several colors and my favorites are Sassy-matte nude YLBB color and Treasure, a shimmery pink-ish. io love the packaging-they are perfect for a very small evening bag. Will purchase full sizes soon!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

UPDATE: Just tried the "matte" colors and I am in love! The perfect LBB colors. The woman behind Lauress is evil I tell you. I was on a no spending commitment until I got these lipglosses and I have slipped big time. These are awesome--trust me! Original review:This lip gloss is very nice. It smells like hot chocolate--yum--but that quickly dissipates soon after application--bummer. Light chocolate taste on the full-size. She offers probably 12 colors, some matte, some shimmery. The best thing about this gloss IMO is that it goes on wet and shiny but then settles into the lips and then looks and feels just like a balm instead of a sticky, heavy gloss feeling which is what I absolutely hate about lip gloss in general. And because it becomes more balm-like, I don't feel the need to constantly refresh it, although I like to for the smell. Color of course fades as easily as most lip glosses--this is not a long-wearing lip color people but these are still nice! Cost $14.00. She also offers samples of all of the colors for 3 bucks each that come in the cutest miniature sponge applicators. If you only carry a small purse check out these minis! www.lauress.com