LUSH Karma soap

LUSH Karma soap

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm kind of on the fence with regards to Karma soap. Its not a terrible product, because it does leave me feeling squeaky clean, with nice skin and the lingering scent of earthy patchouli. However, I went through this soap really fast, and the scent isn't something I'm very fond of. I don't hate the scent, but its not something I would want to have on me all day long. The soap is also a bit drying. It leaves my skin feeling soft, but if I were to use this everyday, I know that it would dry my skin out. Its not bad as a once-a-week treat if you like the scent, but not as an everyday soap. I would not be repurchasing this soap as there are much better ones by Lush that I can get.

I love the smell of this soap. It's rich, exotic, invigorating and strangely comforting.
However, I've never used it on my body. I just love smelling it. I feel like the overall scent is too strong and overpowering and wouldn't work with my body chemistry.
My older sister was the one who first "discovered" this, and I suppose part of my attachment to this soap is because it reminds me of her.
What I do is purchase a tiny block of this, cut it up in smaller pieces and place them on my clothes drawers. I also place a tiny cube inside my suitcase when I travel and it keeps everything smelling divine.

To Read all 143 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/9/2016 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Karma is a lush soap. It contains:rapeseed oil,coconut oil,patchouli oil,sweet orange oil,lavandin oil,pine oil,lemongrass oil,elemi oil,gardenia extract. It lathers well in the hands. Less on a washcloth. It leaves your skin smooth and clean. Love it!

on 11/10/2015 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

In my many years of using Lush products, this is my first time using anything Karma. I have a love/hate relationship with Karma soap. It lathers well but it is not drying. The scent is earthy, sweet and a touch citrusy which I like. I don't like it too because of that pungent earthy sweetness. Patchouli, is that you? I'm confused. Haha! I do feel fresh, clean and uplifted after each use.

on 5/30/2015 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The only good thing about this soap is the smell.
I have dry skin, and this soap makes it worse! My skin feels supertight and itchy after i've used this. I DON'T recommend this to anybody who has dry och sensitive skin.

The good: This soap smells gorgeous (assuming you like patchouli, that is). It's definitely a woodsy smell, and it's classified as "unisex" for a reason. However, if you're not looking fore something overly girly-wurly, you'll probably like this. It also lingers on your skin for about an hour, which is more than I can say for most Lush soaps.
The bad: This soap is quite pricy (as are most Lush soaps, once again). It also has a nasty habit of drying out my skin (again, as many Lush soaps do). If you have dry skin, especially in wintertime, I don't recommend this. Also, the scent is quite strong especially at first, so if you're sensitive to scent be careful.
The ugly: This soap melts quickly; for God's sake, don't forget this in the shower. Dry it off and put it away immediately, or you'll find it's shrunk to half its size after just one use.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I first heard of Lush from my roommate, she raved about the Ocean Salt and the bath bombs, I was never quite sure about the brand. I recently went out to California and stumbled on a Lush shop. I decided to take a peek inside and see what my roommate was talking about. I instantly fell in love with how they had the shop set up, the products they make are all handmade and as close to natural as you can get. The black pots looked like they were in a pantry, the bath bombs in produce crates, and the blocks of soaps resembled blocks of cheese--so cute! I was shown around by the sweet Lush sale rep, she even gave me a demo of a bath bomb! I sniffed around, eventually stumbling on the Charity Pot. I decided to purchase a small pot just to give it a try, I was then given a sample of some Karma soap. I could not get my nose away from this soap, it has such an appealing scent--very spicy with hints of citrus! I tried out the soap the next morning; it lathers nicely. I love how it makes my skin feel CLEAN, not stripped! A lot of people have a misunderstanding about natural products, nothing is completely chemical free--you need chemicals in order for something to react! Before I left California I stopped by the shop again and picked up a full size bar. Karma is the first thing I smell when I walk into my bathroom, my boyfriend always uses it--he says it's a nice unisex scent haha. The product are a little on the pricey side but I definitely respect Lush as a brand, I think what their doing for the environment, communities is awesome! Do some research on this company, it's pretty cool how they got started! I'm obsessed, I will be making a trip to the nearest location here in Michigan sometime soon!

on 11/18/2013 12:26:00 PM

I loooove the smell!!! very refreshing after bath!!=D i want my bathroom to be filled with this aroma! and other Lush products as well!

on 10/31/2013 5:32:00 PM

I love the smell of Karma soap. It smells a lot like incense which is the patchouli, is really spicy, and also a bit like orange. It is a really nice smell (and I do not typically go for such strong smells, I like floral and softer scents normally) that actually stays on my skin which is rare for a LUSH soap, at least in my experience. Unfortunately, I do not love how dry it makes my skin feel.

I may repurchase this again, but only a small piece, because it isn't the best for showering or hand washing but I enjoy the smell.

on 6/6/2013 10:04:00 PM

I use this as I do any Lush bar, I keep it on a paper towel in a ziplock Baggie. I keep it out of the shower, run it over my wet arms, legs, stomach and face a couple swipes and put back out of shower. I lather out of the water all over from this with my gentle scrubby brush. It makes the soaps go really far and you don't need much of this to get a good slip. It washes squeaky clean. I shave with this bar also, I find it semi moisturizing, but sometimes follow this with my King of Skin. I don't have very dry skin however. The scent lingers nicely for a few hours and I love the scent so much! It smells fruity and clean, but not sickly sweet. I want to collect more of the Karma products to try.