VICHY Capital Soleil Self Tanning Milk

VICHY Capital Soleil Self Tanning Milk

4.6

This is so far the only self tanner that did not make my face breakout thankfully!! However it only gave me a very faint color, so I applied it completely again the second day and still didn't change the color too much.
The smell was fine and it blended well it just wasn't noticeable enough for me for the price.

on 6/10/2016 7:31:00 AM

I've been using this product for a couple years now and I really like it. No DHA smell, moisturizes with greasiness, no breakouts, blends well into hairline and gives me nice color without dirty orange tones. I notices that they changed the scent this year and i'm bummed because the old citrusy scent was much nicer.

Love this self tanner. Looks very natural, like you have a wind tan plus whatever else is in this makes your skin glowy and clear. Takes a few times of application to build the color but it really is lovely. New HG.

on 6/16/2014 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really recommend this product. It is the best self-tanning product I have ever used. It doesn't smell like the others, it doesn't create smudges on your skin at all (neither on clothes). The colour is very natural - no shiny orangey horrible fake tan:)

Cons: what is not good at all - that product will run out after 2 -3 times of using all over body:/

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product. It smells quite a lot once it dries out but the smell eventually goes away. The cream itself has a wonderful, hydrating texture. Although I exfoliated before using it, it's hard to make the product look flawless. I can never get it quite right. There's always a bit of splotchiness, but it's better and better everytime I use it. As for the overall tan, the color is GREAT!!! It's not orange at all. It really looks like a nice, natural tan. Overall, I would buy this again.

on 2/25/2014 2:17:00 AM

Although a little pricey, it's a great product! Use this on my face and it doesn't break me out. Goes on smoothly and spreads very easily. Super moisturizing. Pleasant smell. Gives a nice bronze-y glow. :)

on 7/4/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this! It smells amazing and I can use it on my face (my face is very sensitive as well) I would shower, exfoliate and shave then dry off. I like to apply this with regular lotion (1:1) dime to nickel size amounts of each, rub between my palm to get both combined and then apply to my body. I'm a bit on the fair side so a little goes a long way. I think I could get about 10 uses out of this bottle and it's relatively affordable for $20. Just be careful to apply sparingly around your knees, elbows, ankles and neck!!! Other than that, works like a charm!

Pros:
Smells great
No streaks
Doesn't turn orange
Hydrating
Fades really well! (I haven't applied it for a week and I still have a light "tan"

Cons:
Over application due to no color tint

on 9/10/2012 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've waited to review this all summer, just wanted to wait until I'd gone through a few bottles. I went through 3 in like, 6-8 weeks. This stuff is awesome. It was my second try with self-tanners, and it's taken me really this long (6-8 wks) to get the hang of it. With this stuff, you want to generously apply it. One thin application, very evenly applied, will give you a soft, brown glow. I like a darker tan for summer, and a daily generous application for 3 days will give you a nice, even medium/dark tan. Sometimes, I will do two applications about 4 or so hours apart, and by the next day, it's lovely. Covers up all your veins. Like all self-tanners, be very careful around ankles and knees. Use very sparingly and blend the hell out of it there, and around your feet. There is virtually no streaking, except when you stop using it for a couple days, then it fades. The down-side: This will rub off on your towel when you're drying off from a bath or shower, so pat your self dry lightly. Smells great, I am very happy. $25 CAD, worth it.

on 4/27/2010 10:35:00 AM

This is my new HG product. I've never used self tanners before because Im terrified of looking orange. I talked to the SA at Shoppers Drug Mart and she recommended this and promised that it wouldnt turn orange or streaky. Well, she was right! I put this on just my face last night (because the rest of my body stays a tanned colour all year, while my face is stark white!) and finally my face matches my body. Its awesome. I def would reccomend this to anyone- whether your going to use it on just your face or your whole body/

on 12/20/2009 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the second tanning lotion I have ever tried. The first was a Lancome lotion (not sure which one), which turned my skin into a bit of an unnatural orange-y tone. Since that experience wasn't so good, I have been fearful of self -tanners ever since. Anyway, I purchased this product the other day, and I used it last night. I took a shower before I applied the lotion and exfoliated very thoroughly with a loofah in the shower. I then dried off and applied the lotion. The lotion smells really pretty when applying. I didn't have to wait at all before I put on my pj's, as the lotion dries as you are applying it. Within the first hour of applying, I could see results. This morning when I woke I was pleasantly surprised to find myself with a soft- golden colour. No streaks or uneven-ness, and no "fake tan" look. My skin on my face was also clear! This lotion does not break skin out. Believe me, EVERYTHING cause my face to break out, so if this lotion doesn't, it's true, lol.

I didn't use a lot of the lotion in my application (maybe I should have used more??) so, I do not think the price is bad. I could see myself using this lotion maybe once a week or so, over the cold winter months, and I could honestly see it lasting much longer than I need it for! It says on the bottle to discard 6 months after opening, and I doubt I will use up the whole thing before it expires. Perhaps a smaller bottle would be a good idea for people like me!

I should also add that I went to a hot yoga class today, and was a bit fearful of my tan "coming off" with all the perspiration, and not at all! I did have a quick shower before I went to get rid of any excess lotion so it wouldn't stain my clothes, and that seemed to do the trick. So fear not, anyone who is involved in sweaty extra-curricular activities!

I highly recommend this tanning lotion!!!