Revlon Revlon Red

Revlon RedREvlonREdRevlon Red

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This is an absolutely classic red. Yes, retro, vintage, however you want to describe it, this is THE shade of red since the early 20th century (although the formula has been changed from those early days and no longer contains formaldehyde and toulene). My mother wore this in the fifties and sixties, and my grandmother wore it before that, and now I wear it because, well, nothing beats beautifully polished classic red nails for sophistication and glamour.

I find the formula all right on this, though it can be tricky to work with (I tend to flood the cuticles if I'm not careful). I get pretty good coverage and opacity with one coat if I apply carefully, though I normally use two coats. It is very highly pigmented, and while I don't have particular problems with staining, I definitely would never wear this without a good base coat, or, for that matter, without a good top coat (I suspect strongly it would chip pretty quickly without that added protection).

I love this polish and whenever I wear it, I always feel very sophisticated and, well, classic. Will absolutely buy again and again and again...

on 4/5/2012 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

yuck! so clumpy..and chipped after not even a day or wear.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a classic red nail polish. It has good staying power and only requires 1 to 2 coats. Its great for both toes and fingers, and can be worn all year long. Plus its a great price.

on 5/31/2011 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colour is a nice classic red and you can go with just one coat my only problem is that it chips too much for me and I'm not crazy about the brush.

on 1/4/2011 12:50:00 AM

I love Revlon Red polish. It's a beautiful true red color reminiscent of 50's Bombshells. I love the retro-red look & even have my nails done in a slightly pointed oval like gals did back then. I have acrylic nails and take this into the nail salon w/me so I don't worry about polish chipping. I did take off one lippie for this reason: it must be because of the amount of pigment they put in their creamy red polishes that Revlon makes because they are SO messy to remove (not just Revlon Red but Love That Red etc.) More remover and cotton pads than usual have to be used to take this stuff off. Even the person that does my nails commented on this when taking this off.

But I still love them & it's a small price to pay for having such beautiful reds on my nails.:)

I really like this color; bought it last week after my boyfriend told me that Red Hot Tamale was too flamboyant. He really seems to like this one and I love the shade. Not too dark but not an orange tone either.

I've noticed that some people say that it stains their nails... I haven't had that problem... The color does slide around when I take it off with remover but it wipes off just the same as any other color from my experience. I have had much chipping but I've had a lazy couple of day while wearing this color. My thumb nails are the only ones; they have a tiny chip off on the inside but that's explained because of my habit of picking my lips. I usually just touch that bit up.

I'm wearing three coats but I think I prefer two. Three kinda feels heavy and too noticeable on my nails. The polish doesn't easily peel either.

on 7/25/2010 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I thought this would have a lot better reviews! I love mine - its so opaque (i can get away with one coat) it doesnt chip and lasts a long time, especially with a top coat. It's a really pretty colour, and I think that Revlon nails are amazing - they are really good quality.

on 4/7/2010 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

very pretty colour and goes on nicely! priced around 3 to 6 dollars canadian so its a great deal

on 12/1/2009 5:55:00 AM

LOVE this red. it's the only one i'll wear! even mac doesn't come close to this sexy, pigmented red. one coat is enough. it chips a bit, but not enough for me to stop buying it. only downside is once the polish gets low, the brush doesnt reach and it's really hard to get to the polish.

Popular Polishes