REVLON Revlon Red

Filtered by hair type : Other
REVLON Revlon Red
Revlon RedREvlonREdRevlon Red

on 1/11/2017 5:26:00 PM

Really the perfect classic red creme. Opaque in one coat, easy to apply, lasts for days with no chips (especially with the Essie gel topcoat). And I only paid $2.50 for it in a post-Christmas sale at Walgreens (it was a full size polish in a Christmas ornament). Can't beat it. I'll be wearing it through Valentine's Day for a vintage look.

Revlon's Revlon Red 680 was first released in 1988. Although it can pass as something older because the color is just classic. If you want a better quality identical dupe for Revlon Red 680, OPI's Big Apple Red is pretty much the same, except the latter is probably tiny bit more warm.

on 4/15/2012 4:14:00 PM

Perfect red! I have no complaints. It is easy to apply and has a decent lifespan on your nails. It's a pure, smooth, neutral red. I own more red nailpolish than I could possibly list off and this is the one I come back to.

It's about $7 at CVS, but there are sales on Revlon almost every week - you should definitely be able to pick it up for $4-5.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was apprehensive using this product because most Revlon polishes I've used have sucked, to put it kindly. This colour is beautiful and classic, and I managed to get the bottle colour in--get this--only ONE coat! Crazy.

on 1/3/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Bought it togetherwith copperglaze plantium because all Revlon classic nail polishes were on sale for $3. I have been eyeing a true red color for sometime now. I am a little hesitant to try reds for the fear that the color might appear cheap and does not complement my skintone.

This color is what I would consider a true red. It is bright but very rich. It easily makes a statement without being overly dramatic. In fact, I think most people can pull it off.

The formula is creamy and one coat is almost completely opaque. I did another coat to simply touch up. I would repurchase it if I use it all up and need a true red color. However, I have so many polishes on hand that I do not see the need to repurchase any one of them in near future. I would recommand anyone who want to try reds or a bright color. It is bright but classic at the same time.

on 5/31/2011 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colour is a nice classic red and you can go with just one coat my only problem is that it chips too much for me and I'm not crazy about the brush.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Revlon Red is a true, classic vintage red that makes my toes look stunning in peep-toe pumps, summer sandals or walking barefoot on the beach. This is THE polish to wear when you want your toes to show off your cute shoes!

on 4/29/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the nail polish I wear most often. If you run into me on any given day, it's a safe bet my nails are painted with this color haha. It's a beautiful classic red, that beautifully matches my red lips (also courtesy of Revlon, in the matte shade Really Red).

The color is a bright, simple, true red. I'm sure there are similarly colored nail polishes that are cheaper in price. However, Revlon Red is not really expensive to begin with, and Revlon products tend to be on sale all of the time at CVS. The quality of the polish is pretty great, it goes on fairly opaque and evenly after one coat, but I always wear two.

This my boyfriends color of choice for my nails. Also I cashier, so I have a lot of people looking at my hands on a regular basis, and I have gotten SO many compliments on this color from men and women alike. I enjoy vintage looks, and I enjoy Revlon, so this is the red polish for me.

Love the colour in the bottle and that is wear the love ends. I find one coat is quite sheer and it requires at least three coats for me to achieve the desired vibrant colour that I like. Plus the dry time is forever and this seems to chip quite quickly too. Wouldn't repurchase, better quality polishes available that offer a similar colour.

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is one step down from being a true bright red.If you want a red that will stand out and doesn't have orange tones to it,this is perfect.It also is a creme finish like most of Revlon's colors.The only thing I don't like about ANY of their polish is how long they take to dry.I completely agree with the reviewer below me,it does seem to take all day to dry,atleast it feels that way especially if you are in a hurry.

Popular Polishes