REVLON Revlon Red

REVLON Revlon Red
Revlon RedREvlonREdRevlon Red

4.7

on 7/31/2014 7:42:00 PM

My most favorite red nail polish.....have been using it for years.

on 3/16/2012 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Gorgeous colour - not so gorgeous finish. You'll have to put 2 coats to make it opaque, which is fine - but what's funny is that sometimes there'll be these bubbles after I've applied the polish - and mind you, I don't shake the bottle. And after a week of wearing the polish, more bubbles appear! Which sounds really bizaare but it happens. Other than that? I love the colour - but I can get OPi polishes at the same price ($9 in Singapore) so I'm afraid I won't be going back to Revlon polishes for awhile!

on 1/3/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Bought it togetherwith copperglaze plantium because all Revlon classic nail polishes were on sale for $3. I have been eyeing a true red color for sometime now. I am a little hesitant to try reds for the fear that the color might appear cheap and does not complement my skintone.

This color is what I would consider a true red. It is bright but very rich. It easily makes a statement without being overly dramatic. In fact, I think most people can pull it off.

The formula is creamy and one coat is almost completely opaque. I did another coat to simply touch up. I would repurchase it if I use it all up and need a true red color. However, I have so many polishes on hand that I do not see the need to repurchase any one of them in near future. I would recommand anyone who want to try reds or a bright color. It is bright but classic at the same time.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After falling head over heels with Revlon's Valentine (a darker, blood red color) polish I've made it my mission to try out most of Revlon's red polishes. Since Revlon Red was next up on the covet list, I seized the opportunity to buy during one of my ridiculously rare trips to Target. My Walmart seems to be out of this shade and their display doesn't provide nearly as many various shades as Target and drugstores do. As an avid wearer of red lipstick- my go-to shade being Revlon's Really Red- I thought it was only appropriate that I walked away with this polish. So I did.
As everyone else has described, this is a shade that many people would describe as being "vintage" or "retro" and yes, I do agree. It does remind me of intricate roller sets, Elvis, pinched waists, and big chrome vehicles that look more like rocket ships than roadsters.
It's a relatively medium-bright, neutral red and exceptionally true to the way it appears in the bottle. While one coat does the trick for color, an extra coat of this tends to lend its hand to the longevity of the polish. Revlon's polishes DO have those weird little bubbles in them but they usually diminish completely upon the application of a top coat. The staying power is pretty good. Tip-wear is kind of hard to combat but I think this polish holds up especially well for the price. Taking it off is going to be a little agonizing because I'm pretty sure it'll stain, but I don't really mind that.
All in all, I love it! It had to grow on me though, since I tend to reserve the brighter colors for my lips. I got lots of compliments on this particular shade as well, which made me feel a lot more confident with it. Revlon Red is yet another sexy bombshell type shade and Revlon has yet to disappoint me. Good work, Revlon!

on 5/31/2011 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colour is a nice classic red and you can go with just one coat my only problem is that it chips too much for me and I'm not crazy about the brush.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Revlon Red is a true, classic vintage red that makes my toes look stunning in peep-toe pumps, summer sandals or walking barefoot on the beach. This is THE polish to wear when you want your toes to show off your cute shoes!

on 4/29/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the nail polish I wear most often. If you run into me on any given day, it's a safe bet my nails are painted with this color haha. It's a beautiful classic red, that beautifully matches my red lips (also courtesy of Revlon, in the matte shade Really Red).

The color is a bright, simple, true red. I'm sure there are similarly colored nail polishes that are cheaper in price. However, Revlon Red is not really expensive to begin with, and Revlon products tend to be on sale all of the time at CVS. The quality of the polish is pretty great, it goes on fairly opaque and evenly after one coat, but I always wear two.

This my boyfriends color of choice for my nails. Also I cashier, so I have a lot of people looking at my hands on a regular basis, and I have gotten SO many compliments on this color from men and women alike. I enjoy vintage looks, and I enjoy Revlon, so this is the red polish for me.

on 4/10/2011 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my go-to red polish. Perfect red colour, very pigmented, glides on easily, dries quickly, is opaque with one coat however I prefer to apply two, does not chip. So much product and a great formulation ensures that I will buy again.

on 2/8/2011 7:43:00 PM

I love this color. It's the perfect red. I put the Revlon top coat over it and it looks glossy and great.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this red, it doesn't lean towards blue or orange. The application was perfect, it wasn't too thin or lumpy.
I got this on sale for $3 Can!
This is my go-to non-sparkle red. I would def. buy again.

Popular Polishes