Revlon Revlon Red

Revlon RedREvlonREdRevlon Red

4.3

on 7/5/2016 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is the classic "90s supermodel red" and looks good on any skintone and about one of the only few bolder colors that is work appropriate. Goes on opaque with one coat. I'm knocking off a lippie for the brush though. It's very thin, which makes it difficult to spread the nail polish on evenly. Also a 4 lippie rating is appropriate because this color isn't exactly the most unique or difficult to find.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love. love. love. this polish. It is the perfect red. I used two coats, but you certainly could use one and get away with it. The only downside was that it stained a little bit on me, even with a coat of treatment and an additional base coat.

However, I will deal with the staining for the color and formula-- and the memories. I am pretty sure this is the same color my grandmother used for probably her entire life. She always had a red pedi!

I don't have problems with chipping, which is usual for Revlon and me. I get a few days out it--what I want and expect.

If you are looking for a red that feels everyday, comfortable and classic, this is it. I will rebuy for the rest of my life.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This is an absolutely classic red. Yes, retro, vintage, however you want to describe it, this is THE shade of red since the early 20th century (although the formula has been changed from those early days and no longer contains formaldehyde and toulene). My mother wore this in the fifties and sixties, and my grandmother wore it before that, and now I wear it because, well, nothing beats beautifully polished classic red nails for sophistication and glamour.

I find the formula all right on this, though it can be tricky to work with (I tend to flood the cuticles if I'm not careful). I get pretty good coverage and opacity with one coat if I apply carefully, though I normally use two coats. It is very highly pigmented, and while I don't have particular problems with staining, I definitely would never wear this without a good base coat, or, for that matter, without a good top coat (I suspect strongly it would chip pretty quickly without that added protection).

I love this polish and whenever I wear it, I always feel very sophisticated and, well, classic. Will absolutely buy again and again and again...

on 3/8/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My go-to red! It's a gorgeous true red that stays brilliant over days without a top coat. I'll sometimes use it with the Revlon Red lipstick if I want some extra va-va-voom. It goes on really nicely with two thin coats and the brush is easy to use and of good quality - it spreads evenly and doesnt fall apart. The polish can thicken if you leave it open for too long but a drop of thinner and it's brand new.

I've only given it 4 lippies though since it can stain my nails pretty badly even when using a good basecoat and trying to get it off with an acetone nail polish remover - which I try and avoid using altogether unless I'm wearing colours like this one

on 1/4/2011 12:50:00 AM

I love Revlon Red polish. It's a beautiful true red color reminiscent of 50's Bombshells. I love the retro-red look & even have my nails done in a slightly pointed oval like gals did back then. I have acrylic nails and take this into the nail salon w/me so I don't worry about polish chipping. I did take off one lippie for this reason: it must be because of the amount of pigment they put in their creamy red polishes that Revlon makes because they are SO messy to remove (not just Revlon Red but Love That Red etc.) More remover and cotton pads than usual have to be used to take this stuff off. Even the person that does my nails commented on this when taking this off.

But I still love them & it's a small price to pay for having such beautiful reds on my nails.:)

I really like this color; bought it last week after my boyfriend told me that Red Hot Tamale was too flamboyant. He really seems to like this one and I love the shade. Not too dark but not an orange tone either.

I've noticed that some people say that it stains their nails... I haven't had that problem... The color does slide around when I take it off with remover but it wipes off just the same as any other color from my experience. I have had much chipping but I've had a lazy couple of day while wearing this color. My thumb nails are the only ones; they have a tiny chip off on the inside but that's explained because of my habit of picking my lips. I usually just touch that bit up.

I'm wearing three coats but I think I prefer two. Three kinda feels heavy and too noticeable on my nails. The polish doesn't easily peel either.

Popular Polishes