Revlon Revlon Red

Revlon Revlon Red
Revlon RedREvlonREdRevlon Red

4.3

This is the review for the Revlon Red nail polish. For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone.

This is a beautiful classic Christmas red that doesn't really lean cool nor warm toned. The formula is lovely - I can achieve a desirable opacity with just one coat but I prefer two. The formula is nice and creamy. The drying time is decent and with a proper bas and top coat it stays on nicely without chipping for about a week. The bottle is nice and classic which I love. And the price is amazing as well - here in Canada you can get it for around $4-5 depending on the promotion.

The only gripe (and the reason why I took off one lippie) was the brush - it is so flimsy.

Overall very happy to try this timeless classic. Not sure if I would repurchase I have so many nail polishes but it is a nice one to have in your collection. Definitely recommend.

on 1/11/2017 5:26:00 PM

Really the perfect classic red creme. Opaque in one coat, easy to apply, lasts for days with no chips (especially with the Essie gel topcoat). And I only paid $2.50 for it in a post-Christmas sale at Walgreens (it was a full size polish in a Christmas ornament). Can't beat it. I'll be wearing it through Valentine's Day for a vintage look.

on 7/5/2016 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is the classic "90s supermodel red" and looks good on any skintone and about one of the only few bolder colors that is work appropriate. Goes on opaque with one coat. I'm knocking off a lippie for the brush though. It's very thin, which makes it difficult to spread the nail polish on evenly. Also a 4 lippie rating is appropriate because this color isn't exactly the most unique or difficult to find.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I owned Maybelline's Paint The Town, a very pretty blue-based red, but found the polish a bit difficult to work with. I loved Revlon's Red Hot Tamale, a orange-based red, but then it was unfortunately discontinued. (Side note: I've heard that Revlon's 'Fearless' is identical to Red Hot Tamale, but have yet to test this).
Anyway, I was going through a vintage phase when I bought this polish, because the dark red shade seemed so classic in the bottle and I hoped to mimic a 40's manicure.
I love this polish! It's the perfect red-- not too blue or orange, just true red-- and it looks very chic.
I would definitely buy this polish again, and would recommend it to anyone who loves vintage-style reds.

I don't know if I'm just unlucky when it comes to buying batches of polish from this particular brand, or if it just really does suck. I keep having air bubble issues, most recently with this color. I spent about an hour perfecting my nails, adding a bit of a top coat, and then waiting forever for them to dry. Everything looked great, until the polish was completely dry---I immediately noticed the air bubbles all over the tops of each of my nails and started cursing. All that effort, wasted! And no, I didn't shake the bottle prior to painting my nails. I always gently roll it between my palms to prevent this problem. Now, if this was the first time this had happened to me, maybe I'd be willing to give it another go. But I've tried multiple bottles of this polish over the years with the same effect. So I'm done buying this stuff, however...I may give the Gel Envy a shot, since a lot of people seem enamored with it.

Revlon's Revlon Red 680 was first released in 1988. Although it can pass as something older because the color is just classic. If you want a better quality identical dupe for Revlon Red 680, OPI's Big Apple Red is pretty much the same, except the latter is probably tiny bit more warm.

on 7/31/2014 7:42:00 PM

My most favorite red nail polish.....have been using it for years.

on 7/31/2014 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm not really into nail polish much; I don't really make a concentrated effort to buy it. I received this polish in a gift. Revlon red is super pigmented, one coat is all you need. It is just very easy to work with and make flawless. The color is beautiful, very classy, especially on tanned skin. It's not so dark that it's a "statement color," and I think very fair people could also use this on their nails. Overall an amazing polish especially for the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love. love. love. this polish. It is the perfect red. I used two coats, but you certainly could use one and get away with it. The only downside was that it stained a little bit on me, even with a coat of treatment and an additional base coat.

However, I will deal with the staining for the color and formula-- and the memories. I am pretty sure this is the same color my grandmother used for probably her entire life. She always had a red pedi!

I don't have problems with chipping, which is usual for Revlon and me. I get a few days out it--what I want and expect.

If you are looking for a red that feels everyday, comfortable and classic, this is it. I will rebuy for the rest of my life.

on 2/21/2014 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

beautiful classic neutral red. creamy opaque formula is so easy to work with. I will keep this in my collection as long as Revlon makes it. it makes me feel retro and classy I really enjoy this polish.

Popular Polishes