REVLON Revlon Red

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/11/2017 5:26:00 PM

Really the perfect classic red creme. Opaque in one coat, easy to apply, lasts for days with no chips (especially with the Essie gel topcoat). And I only paid $2.50 for it in a post-Christmas sale at Walgreens (it was a full size polish in a Christmas ornament). Can't beat it. I'll be wearing it through Valentine's Day for a vintage look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for a nice cheap opaque red red (so many reds nowadays have that jelly-ish quality to them), and this fits the bill (esp if you can get it w/ a coupon/sale). The combination of the brush and the formula is not my favorite, but it's fine for the price. One generous coat or 2 thin coats and I'm good to go. Base and top coat is a must; this will stain your nails and the formula is not shiny enough w/o a top coat. I am able to get 4-5 days of decent wear out of this w/ bc (Poshe) and tc (SH Insta-Dri Anti-Chip), and even then it's not awful.

Love the colour in the bottle and that is wear the love ends. I find one coat is quite sheer and it requires at least three coats for me to achieve the desired vibrant colour that I like. Plus the dry time is forever and this seems to chip quite quickly too. Wouldn't repurchase, better quality polishes available that offer a similar colour.

on 1/22/2010 3:53:00 AM

I dunno why this product is getting such rave reviews. I do not like Revlon nail polishes because it takes forever to dry.. like an entire day. It doesn't really matter if you layer on a fast dry top coat or rapid dry drop it takes at least 1 day to "completely dry". Compared to OPI which takes couple of hours to "completely dry". I do admit the color is sexy but it stains your nail like crazy and please dont say all nail polishes stain because compared to other brands it doesn't stain as bad as this one.

I do not recommend this one, if you really looking for a nail polish that has the same color as this I suggest you try OPI Monsooner or Later.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I read so much about this colur I had to try it for myself! When clothes stop fitting, nail varnish always will! At first I was slightly disappointed with the quality of the product. I only applied one layer of the varnish and it seemed to chip just by looking at it! I was not put off, however, because I loved the colur - really bright and vibrant.

I had a re-run with it this weekend, applying a base coat, two layers of varnish and a top coat. What a difference! The colour has stayed on really well. There is not a chip after two days! It still looks shiny and a few people have commented on how nice it looks!

The varnish itself is a little runny to apply, so you need to watch it doesn't run down your fingers or end up on clothing. Apart from that, it applies really well. It doesn't go streaky and there are no odd looking little bumps.

I found the product to be excellent value for money - at about 6 a bottle. If you shop around you can get three for two offers - which entices you to buy more than you need but it is maybe a good way to get the varnish, the base coat and the top coat.

This is my new favourite and Revlon is slowly but surely becoming my new favourite brand of cosmetics.

I definitely would recommend this!

on 1/10/2010 8:36:00 PM

After reading how gorgeous the colour is, I went and bought it at a DS. And I love the colour! It goes on pretty smooth, no bubbles, and streaks. I painted it on my toes on Thursday and on my fingers on Sat. One layer of OPI base coat, then one layer of revlon red (due to its intense colour) and finally one layer of OPI top coat.

Today is Monday, and the colour on my toes are still intact, but on my fingers, its all chipped by Sunday! I donno whether its this formula or for the fact that I have only put one layer. I usually put 2 coats of colour for my other OPI and revlon colours. II shall try with 2 coats and see how it works...

on 5/1/2009 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely the best shade of red around!!! Not too orange and not too burgundy just pure red!! Goes on nicely, you can get away with one coat, but I prefer two...dries quickly too!

Popular Polishes