Revlon Revlon Red

Revlon RedREvlonREdRevlon Red

4.3

on 7/5/2016 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This is the classic "90s supermodel red" and looks good on any skintone and about one of the only few bolder colors that is work appropriate. Goes on opaque with one coat. I'm knocking off a lippie for the brush though. It's very thin, which makes it difficult to spread the nail polish on evenly. Also a 4 lippie rating is appropriate because this color isn't exactly the most unique or difficult to find.

I don't know if I'm just unlucky when it comes to buying batches of polish from this particular brand, or if it just really does suck. I keep having air bubble issues, most recently with this color. I spent about an hour perfecting my nails, adding a bit of a top coat, and then waiting forever for them to dry. Everything looked great, until the polish was completely dry---I immediately noticed the air bubbles all over the tops of each of my nails and started cursing. All that effort, wasted! And no, I didn't shake the bottle prior to painting my nails. I always gently roll it between my palms to prevent this problem. Now, if this was the first time this had happened to me, maybe I'd be willing to give it another go. But I've tried multiple bottles of this polish over the years with the same effect. So I'm done buying this stuff, however...I may give the Gel Envy a shot, since a lot of people seem enamored with it.

Revlon's Revlon Red 680 was first released in 1988. Although it can pass as something older because the color is just classic. If you want a better quality identical dupe for Revlon Red 680, OPI's Big Apple Red is pretty much the same, except the latter is probably tiny bit more warm.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love. love. love. this polish. It is the perfect red. I used two coats, but you certainly could use one and get away with it. The only downside was that it stained a little bit on me, even with a coat of treatment and an additional base coat.

However, I will deal with the staining for the color and formula-- and the memories. I am pretty sure this is the same color my grandmother used for probably her entire life. She always had a red pedi!

I don't have problems with chipping, which is usual for Revlon and me. I get a few days out it--what I want and expect.

If you are looking for a red that feels everyday, comfortable and classic, this is it. I will rebuy for the rest of my life.

on 5/31/2011 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The colour is a nice classic red and you can go with just one coat my only problem is that it chips too much for me and I'm not crazy about the brush.

on 12/20/2009 10:06:00 PM

This a fantastic true fire engine red. I only needed one coat on my toes for a perfect even colour application. It dried nice and quickly as well. I got one of the mini bottles they've been promoting recently. I might have a look at some more based on the excellent quality of this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The sexiest red shade i have ever found.

Perfect vintage bright red, I use it for toes and occasionally fingers but it does stain, probably because it's so pigmented.

on 4/23/2008 7:28:00 PM

this is one of my favorite red ever. i like essie and opi nail polishes also. revlon red is jusr great. very creamy, sexy red color. looks awsome as a manicure and pedicure.....sexy, sexy, pretty red for us.

on 3/20/2007 1:22:00 AM

I really like this color red. I even have a pinkish undertone in my skin, but this still looks great.

Popular Polishes