Revlon Revlon Red

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Revlon Revlon Red
Revlon RedREvlonREdRevlon Red

4.6

Itīs the best red nail polish iīve ever used, the color is great and it looks good for a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I picked this color up for .99 cents at CVS, and I love it! I'm a bit of a red polish junkie. I have so many red polishes, and this is the best by far! The red is glossy and stays on for weeks, and the bottle is pretty cute and practical. The color itself is a deep red, but still very bright and it really pops on my nails. I'm in love with this color!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was apprehensive using this product because most Revlon polishes I've used have sucked, to put it kindly. This colour is beautiful and classic, and I managed to get the bottle colour in--get this--only ONE coat! Crazy.

on 3/8/2012 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My go-to red! It's a gorgeous true red that stays brilliant over days without a top coat. I'll sometimes use it with the Revlon Red lipstick if I want some extra va-va-voom. It goes on really nicely with two thin coats and the brush is easy to use and of good quality - it spreads evenly and doesnt fall apart. The polish can thicken if you leave it open for too long but a drop of thinner and it's brand new.

I've only given it 4 lippies though since it can stain my nails pretty badly even when using a good basecoat and trying to get it off with an acetone nail polish remover - which I try and avoid using altogether unless I'm wearing colours like this one

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a classic red nail polish. It has good staying power and only requires 1 to 2 coats. Its great for both toes and fingers, and can be worn all year long. Plus its a great price.

on 10/18/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this nail polish color! It's the perfect red, and it's extremely pigmented for a drugstore polish! The lasting power isn't extremely long lasting, but with a top coat it 's perfect and the consistency is amazing. I'd recommend this to anyone, for a perfect red or just a new nail polish

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I have nail polish ADHD. I constantly change the colour of my nails and I usually have contenders battling to win over my hands for the week. They usually consist of two or three colours I'm attracted to/haven't tried in a while and Revlon Red. Revlon Red is always an option because I know it has beautiful wear, colour, and price. For four bucks, I get a great, timeless, true and bright red that makes me feel like a bombshell. The formula is thin so it makes for even coats, the drying time is good, and it wears extremely well. I don't ever wear top coats(just a base coat) and this polish has minimal tip wear by the end of the full seven days which consists of working as a cashier, texting, taking notes, and more. This is the only nail polish I ever see myself repurchasing. It was flawless to me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After falling head over heels with Revlon's Valentine (a darker, blood red color) polish I've made it my mission to try out most of Revlon's red polishes. Since Revlon Red was next up on the covet list, I seized the opportunity to buy during one of my ridiculously rare trips to Target. My Walmart seems to be out of this shade and their display doesn't provide nearly as many various shades as Target and drugstores do. As an avid wearer of red lipstick- my go-to shade being Revlon's Really Red- I thought it was only appropriate that I walked away with this polish. So I did.
As everyone else has described, this is a shade that many people would describe as being "vintage" or "retro" and yes, I do agree. It does remind me of intricate roller sets, Elvis, pinched waists, and big chrome vehicles that look more like rocket ships than roadsters.
It's a relatively medium-bright, neutral red and exceptionally true to the way it appears in the bottle. While one coat does the trick for color, an extra coat of this tends to lend its hand to the longevity of the polish. Revlon's polishes DO have those weird little bubbles in them but they usually diminish completely upon the application of a top coat. The staying power is pretty good. Tip-wear is kind of hard to combat but I think this polish holds up especially well for the price. Taking it off is going to be a little agonizing because I'm pretty sure it'll stain, but I don't really mind that.
All in all, I love it! It had to grow on me though, since I tend to reserve the brighter colors for my lips. I got lots of compliments on this particular shade as well, which made me feel a lot more confident with it. Revlon Red is yet another sexy bombshell type shade and Revlon has yet to disappoint me. Good work, Revlon!

I really like this color; bought it last week after my boyfriend told me that Red Hot Tamale was too flamboyant. He really seems to like this one and I love the shade. Not too dark but not an orange tone either.

I've noticed that some people say that it stains their nails... I haven't had that problem... The color does slide around when I take it off with remover but it wipes off just the same as any other color from my experience. I have had much chipping but I've had a lazy couple of day while wearing this color. My thumb nails are the only ones; they have a tiny chip off on the inside but that's explained because of my habit of picking my lips. I usually just touch that bit up.

I'm wearing three coats but I think I prefer two. Three kinda feels heavy and too noticeable on my nails. The polish doesn't easily peel either.

So I pretty much wanted a Revlon polish because there is just something about the packaging that I adore. I think maybe it is how simple & classy it looks. So I was looking for a nice red and picked this up. I am pretty surprised, I didn't think it would be very good. With a good, topcoat like Seche Vite Dry Fast, this stuff is really nice. VERY Opaque, one coat does the job but I like 2 to make it perfect. Not streaky at all. It won't chip fast with a nice topcoat and basecoat. The only downfall is I found it to have weird bumps but again were smoothed over with my topcoat. I recommend this if you want a nice red but can't afford the high end brands or don't want to spend too much. Just make sure you have a good topcoat.

Popular Polishes