Clairol Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33, Red 4, Yellow 10. (2011 formulation)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I decided to make a change from the shampoo that I have used for a number of years and while browsing the hair care aisle at WalMart I came across this Herbal Essences shampoo for color treated hair and decided to give it a shot.

My hair is short and has been color treated for years so I like a shampoo that cleanses well but is gentle and non drying as well as non color striping so that I can get maximum wear from my color. In all honesty, since my hair is short and is cut regularly I have found no difference between salon brands and drugstore brands so I save my $ and use the drugstore brands.

This shampoo has done an excellent job. It is clear and lightweight so it doesn't weigh my hair down. It has a light but pleasant rose smell that doesn't linger when rinsed. It cleanses well and leaves my hair clean and fresh. I have noticed no difference in my ability to style my hair since changing shampoos and my color has not faded.

This is an extremely concentrated shampoo so a little goes a long way. It comes packaged in a flip top plastic bottle, perfect for the shower. You can store it upside down so you don't have to take time for the product to come from the bottom of the bottle.

I paid around $3.89 for a 23.7 ounce bottle. That's quite a deal for such a high quality color safe shampoo. I would definitely repurchase and have.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My hair is thick with dry ends and an oily scalp that is very frizz prone. It's stick straight but being thick makes it have a very fluffy appearance. I also box color it every 2 months or so. Most color safe shampoos are very creamy which can weigh down my hair significantly; not this one. It's a gel like texture that is perfect for my oily scalp and I remedy the ends by using conditioner plus a leave in product.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a review on the shampoo and conditioner. The scent is amazing. My hair is very thick and hard to tame so I was surprised at how sleek and bouncy my hair turned out. It didn't dry my hair out at all, which is impressive because every drugstore shampoo/conditioner I've ever used has dried my hair out. The conditioner did a great job at removing the tangles in my hair. I would buy this product again.

Update: I'm so satisfied with this product. I've been using Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner for the past few years and this product gives me the exact same results, actually I think the results are better. I hate to sound cheesy, but I really feel like those girls on the Herbal Essences commercials now.

I'm looking for a shampoo that cleans well, doesn't leave grime behind, keeps my skin soft (some shampoo makes it dry and itchy), and will keep my head clean in the new environment--I'm moving to Nevada.
So I just picked this up at a local store (I'm out of town) and these are my thoughts:
1. The fragrance is delightful. It's this light, crisp, clean smell but definitely not overwhelming.
2. It's clear, not creamy, which makes cleaning my hair easier.
3. It's runny but lathers well. Not a thick consistency like Pantene Sheer Volume, but ultimately as long as it works, that's fine. Actually, since it's thinner, it sinks into my scalp with more ease.
4. It rinses well. As I mentioned, I don't like anything that causes dry skin.
I have yet to see how this behaves long-term. I do much better with clear shampoo so I'm thinking there won't be buildup. In addition, I bought the Moroccan miracle serum by HE which smells nice and isn't as thick as Garnier's serum.
Every cleanser will impact color. I don't like sulfate-free shampoo because it never seems to clean well. So my hope for this is a thorough cleansing without destroying my hair. But the fragrance is amazing!

Yikes! This is the worst shampoo Ive used in a very long time...it dried out my hair so badly. After just a few uses-about a week of every other day washing, the bottom half of my hair looked and felt like hay or something equally dry and scratchy. And tangled for no good reason. Smell was also not what I was hoping-I was expecting floral since it has a picture of roses on the bottle-however to me it smells like red fruit punch. I haven't really used Herbal Essences since the 90s when they had the cute thicker more rounded bottles...and after this experience I doubt I ever will again. Instead of throwing this out I will save it for a clarifying shampoo I suppose...the first time I shampooed with it my hair was fine...it was only with continuous use that it dried out my hair more and more...I would only suggest this shampoo to someone with either very short hair or very oily hair......

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up on a whim after I colored my hair and needed some new shampoo/conditioner. At first this worked well - it left my hair soft and manageable and it smelled nice (although it didn't last long at all). I've been using it for 2 weeks and the results have really changed. The shampoo leaves my hair super tangly and flat, and the conditioner feels good in the shower, but after, my ends are dry and frizzy. My hair doesn't usually get used to products this fast - these just aren't for me!

I did not like this at all. I used to like the old formulation in the light pink bottle that everyone raves about so I purchased it again when they relaunched it. I didn't like it as much. Not sure if the formulation changed or if since after using professional products, I expect more out of my hair products. But I purchased the Color Me Happy shampoo and conditioner and don't like it one bit. The shampoo doesn't feel like it cleans my hair at all. I did the squeak test (for those of you who haven't heard of this: you slide 2 fingers across the hair around your temples after you wash and if it squeaks, it's supposed to mean your hair is clean) and heard a squeak but my hair still felt like there was product buildup in it. I hate that feeling. And the conditioner did not detangle or condition my hair at all. So I used it up but will not be purchasing anything from this line again. I also used the shampoo and conditioner in the blue bottle (thinks it's the Hello Hydration) and was equally unimpressed. Oh well. Back to Ulta I go.

I love the smell of this and my hair and I feel clean and fresh after using this

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I am pretty happy with this!! I have purple hair and I need a good shampoo for keeping the color. This had one of the highest reviews out of all the color care shampoos, even the expensive brands. I think paying more is often just hype. I also picked up the Hydralicious.

I had used sulfate free shampoos before and I just can't find ones I actually like. They feel so weird and leave my hair dirty, or at least it feels greasy quicker. Like the buildup isn't being washed away effectively. In all likelyhood it's leaving more there. I am not the type to wash my hair often, since it's dry, so I need a shampoo that cleans it well without killing it. This is nice and gentle and though I always have tons of purple run off, my color has been lasting pretty well. I haven't noticed a difference between this and the more expensive sulfate free shampoos in terms of color lasting length. My hair also feels nice. No shampoo is going to make my hair super soft and amazing, much of it is just my chemistry (I have that dry, course, frizzy hair) in addition with the bleaching and dying I do, but just feeling nice and clean and not dried out with a color safe shampoo is pretty good in my book, espeically at about $3. I'll keep buying this.

I think I like hydralicious more though.

Update: I did like this, but I stopped and used my sulfate free one again and my hair instantly felt better. I think I should switch around more often, but using soaps on my dry, color treated hair too often makes it more brittle. I did notice I had build up with this or basically any shampoo and while more color seemed to run out with the sulfate free one, it wasn't by much. I don't know if I'll get his again, I may stick to suave professionals which are a little less stripping.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First off, the smell is beyond amazing and I love the packaging. As far as the product.. I hated it.. It made my hair super dry and dull looking and also made my hair feel stripped and malnourished.Its a a shame because it smells so good! I love the Moroccan my shine & hello hydration though, just won't be using this Color Me Happy again!