3.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

Herbal Essences is one of those brands that tends to tweak their formulas slightly every few years, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on whether you prefer the changes or not. This one to me has been improved over the years. I find that it makes my fine, wavy hair clean, but it doesn’t dry it out. Along with the matching conditioner, my hair is left clean and shiny; not weighed down. The scent is citrus/ nectarine (also slightly different from when this first came out- maybe a bit platicky now?). You can get these for around $4. I prefer this to most of the Bio Renew line that I tried, that line is a huge “miss” for me. I hope this one stays around for a while.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

1.0

3 years ago

This product along with the matching conditioner made my hair feel like straw after 2 uses. So horrible for your hair!

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

3.0

3 years ago

It doesn't do what it claims! I have thin hair so I wanted a shampoo to add more volume. This shampoo made my hair thinner, sleek and straight. After applying the conditioner my hair was even way thinner. I have used herbal essences smooth collection shampoo before this one and that shampoo was just perfect. I'm never buying body envy again. 11/16/2016 Okay so I've used up half of the bottle and it's not really as bad as I thought. It's an OK shampoo.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

4 years ago

The old formula didn't seem to clean my hair but the new one is very clarifying. The lather is thick and foamy, the fragrance is really enjoyable, and it rinses cleanly. I don't use the matching conditioner because I like to add moisture to my fine waves after a thorough cleaning. I like Honey I'm Strong, My Moroccan Shine, and Tousle Me Softly. They sell it in big or travel-size bottles, which are ok for packing in your check-bag. My suggestion is to scotch tape the top so it doesn't spill when the handlers toss it onto the belt. I've seen it happen and I cringe as I watch my clothes, lotion, and jewelry launched on board. Oh well. If you want a good cleansing followed by a good treatment, try this and any of their other conditioners. :)

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesGreen

4 years ago

Like others, I have used the older/original HE shampoo/conditioner from back in the day. I have tried HE since then, but never had good success with their product lines. Always left my hair really heavy/coated. I bought this shampoo to try for a mix up with my products, plus I love their scents - and I found that just after one washing - this shampoo gave a lot of bounce. More than I've had with my earlier shampoo I've been using repeatedly for months, and even more than a clarifying that I'd used a few days before. I tend to never use matching shampoo/conditioner products; I'm one of the few people that thinks using the same product within the same line always seems to clash in my hair - so I won't be trying the Body Envy conditioner with the shampoo - just the shampoo for now. I may try a different HE conditioner (like Hello Hydration) with this shampoo, but not another Body Envy product. A lot of hair products seem to work best this way. I also didn't have a heavy scent linger in my hair - but that may be because I use a spray in treatment before drying which probably overrode the HE.

About reviewer (433 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I love this stuff! I've only been using it for a week but am really happy with how it makes my hair look and feel. I have super straight fine hair but a lot of it and I find that I can't use the body envy shampoo and conditioner together because it makes my hair too dry. I use the body envy shampoo with the hello hydration conditioner and it is the best combo. For everyone saying they hate it because it dried out your hair try adding a light moisturizing conditioner and you'll love it. It gives me just enough moisture but doesn't weigh my hair down and still gives me tons of body which is rare for me.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I love this shampoo so much. It gives my flat oily hair soo much volume and smells divine. But i noticed that my hair gets greasy again after only two days when usually i could go without washing my hair for about 4 days Pros -Scent -Volumizing -Price Cons -Packaging -Hair gets greasier fast

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

5 years ago

I started using this shampoo and conditioner because it's on sale often and it's priced well. This shampoo and conditioner combo is definitely my favourite, and it has been for a while. I've tried Pantene, Garnier Fructis, Pert, Loreal, and Kirkland shampoos, but I like this one the best out of all of them. It leaves my hair feeling shiny and smooth, keeps it healthy, and smells amazing. But be careful not to buy the two-in-one, because they're always mixed with either too much conditioner or too much shampoo, leaving your hair feeling dry or oily. If you're going to use this product, use the shampoo and conditioner separately.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

5 years ago

I bought this shampoo because I wanted to try something new.... Not a good choice at all. It completely stripped my hair of my natural oils and left it feeling like straw. I returned it and would not recommend trying this shampoo. The ingredients in it cannot be healthy for your hair. At the price it is, it's not worth the try.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

HairBlack

3.0

5 years ago

I was pretty disappointed with this product. I purchased it along with the conditioner and I'm sad to say that after using up the bottles, this did not add volume to my hair. I tried this because of a YouTuber and she looked like she had so much volume in her hair! And I can't understand how she got it from this product. I had longer hair at that point (recently got a trim/cut) and I really though it would add that boost I wanted but unfortunately it did not. I feel like this would work for people with short hair and layered hair. What I DID like about this product though was the smell, how clean my hair was after, and it left it pretty shiny and smooth. I don't think I would buy this again unless it was on sale and I was being super cheap that day.

SkinCombination, Fair