Revlon Custom Effects Lowlights in Toffee

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

on 12/15/2007 7:05:00 PM

This product works pretty well I would say. My hair was a very light blonde and I wanted to add some dimension to it. The instructions said you could do chunks or small pieces of lowlights..whatever you wanted. So I did some larger chunks in front...I ended up liking it! Even though my hair was really blonde the darker toffee color seemed to blend relatively well. The only thing I would suggest is having a friend help because it is hard to get pieces in back since it is not an allover color you can just squirt everywhere.

on 2/18/2007 3:56:00 PM

My hair is naturally medium to dark blonde depending on the season. I had lowlights that were over 6 months old and 4 months of regrowth on partial highlights. I am trying to grow my hair out to my natural color and needed something to tone down the blonde on the ends and blend the regrowth with the highlighted.

The product was easy to use. The little comb was fairly easy to use as on the directions. I did have assistance making sure that I put color in all the right places in the back. It only took about 35 minutes from start to finish. The toner helped eliminate any brassiness. I used the included conditioner only I left it on 7 minutes instead of the recommended 2 minutes. The end result is that my hair feels extremely healthy. It doesn't stink or feel rough. It looks very shiny and feels fabulous. The texture is smooth and very touchable. The color is great. It is exactly what I was going for. It blends the regrowth with the highlighted without looking drab and mousy.

I am anxious to see how long the lowights light and will update.

on 7/5/2006 10:26:00 AM

I got this for free-with-rebate at Riteaid this week, and I only succumbed to coloring my hair due to the price break. I started with the Highlights in Honey. (I'll get to the toffee momentarily.) I haven't colored my hair in years, so I'm not sure what posessed me to think this was a great idea. Anyway, the packaging is great, and the gloves are the higher-quality version. The little applicator comb was pretty good, but when applying with it, the blue formula pretty much disappeared into my hair, so it wasn't clear how much I'd applied to any given streak. This was a really strong smelling chemical mixture, too. I only left it in for about 20 minutes, and the recommended time is 45. Yikes--that was time aplenty. I'm convinced the streak would have been completely platinum had I waited any longer. As it stands, they turned out VERY coppery orange and yellow much to my horror. I ran back to the store and picked up the Lowlights version in Toffee (more like my real light brown color) and did it all over again, leaving a few faint streak of bright highlights. I left this in my hair for about 25 minutes, and the recommended is 30. Thank goodness this worked, and actually looks very professional due to the variances in color. What's weird is that the lowlights are still brighter than my natural light/medium brown color, but I guess I got what I was seeking. I'm not sure I'd go through this again--unless I had both boxes in front of me to ensure nothing ugly happened. I think I'm through with artificial haircolor for a bit.