Revlon Custom Effects Lowlights in Toffee

No Image

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this product. My hair was over highlighted and looking brassy and blah. I got this kit and had my husband help me pick slices of hair to blend in and look overall blonde, but less so. The color Toffee matched my roots almost perfectly (it's a little darker) and the result was natural looking and shiny. I LOVE that they include a toner in here, it is the perfect finishing touch! Things they could improve - the brush is funky. Maybe mixing the product in a little bowl and using a mascara wand type tool would be better. The color - it fades FAST. I wonder if this could be remedied by not washing hair for a day or 2 after coloring. All in all though I'll buy again for sure.

on 2/18/2007 3:56:00 PM

My hair is naturally medium to dark blonde depending on the season. I had lowlights that were over 6 months old and 4 months of regrowth on partial highlights. I am trying to grow my hair out to my natural color and needed something to tone down the blonde on the ends and blend the regrowth with the highlighted.

The product was easy to use. The little comb was fairly easy to use as on the directions. I did have assistance making sure that I put color in all the right places in the back. It only took about 35 minutes from start to finish. The toner helped eliminate any brassiness. I used the included conditioner only I left it on 7 minutes instead of the recommended 2 minutes. The end result is that my hair feels extremely healthy. It doesn't stink or feel rough. It looks very shiny and feels fabulous. The texture is smooth and very touchable. The color is great. It is exactly what I was going for. It blends the regrowth with the highlighted without looking drab and mousy.

I am anxious to see how long the lowights light and will update.

on 10/22/2006 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i just started using this a few months ago when i had an overzealous blonding experience and wanted to tone down my color. the toffee color is perfect for blondes and you can really control the results, you can have very subtle or dramatic lowlights depending on how you apply it. i've gotten tons of compliments on my hair from both people i know and complete strangers since using this. i use the garnier color breaks highlights along with the lowlights.

on 7/5/2006 10:26:00 AM

I got this for free-with-rebate at Riteaid this week, and I only succumbed to coloring my hair due to the price break. I started with the Highlights in Honey. (I'll get to the toffee momentarily.) I haven't colored my hair in years, so I'm not sure what posessed me to think this was a great idea. Anyway, the packaging is great, and the gloves are the higher-quality version. The little applicator comb was pretty good, but when applying with it, the blue formula pretty much disappeared into my hair, so it wasn't clear how much I'd applied to any given streak. This was a really strong smelling chemical mixture, too. I only left it in for about 20 minutes, and the recommended time is 45. Yikes--that was time aplenty. I'm convinced the streak would have been completely platinum had I waited any longer. As it stands, they turned out VERY coppery orange and yellow much to my horror. I ran back to the store and picked up the Lowlights version in Toffee (more like my real light brown color) and did it all over again, leaving a few faint streak of bright highlights. I left this in my hair for about 25 minutes, and the recommended is 30. Thank goodness this worked, and actually looks very professional due to the variances in color. What's weird is that the lowlights are still brighter than my natural light/medium brown color, but I guess I got what I was seeking. I'm not sure I'd go through this again--unless I had both boxes in front of me to ensure nothing ugly happened. I think I'm through with artificial haircolor for a bit.

Popular Hair Color Products