Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

4.2

Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Juice, Triethanolamine, tocopheryl, Acetate. Carbomer,Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM hydratonin, Diazolidinyl Urea

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I recently changed my entire skincare routine to combat my acne and this is the only moisturizer I use. I have combination skin.

You can't go wrong- this product is SO cheap and SO readily available. It does have preservatives in it, but it works for me.

IMPORTANT TIP - aloe isn't considered a "complete moisturizer". A store bought moisturizer has a lot of ingredients added to aid the skin in actually absorbing and maintaining that moisture- emollients and humectants (humectants basically draw moisture into your skin). So if you've ever used aloe and felt like your skin was actually dried by it- that could be why. Aloe is moisturizing but adding humectants really increases the effectiveness.

THE TIP- to increase the absorption of my aloe I use 2 toners. First I use Thayers Witch Hazel and then I apply rose water and glycerin (I buy it from walmart premixed) with a cotton pad. This helps the aloe fully absorb. My skin feels so hydrated and soothed. Definitely give it a shot- rose water is great for your skin anyway.

EDIT- Sadly, I am taking my rating down a bit. I read some studies questioning the aloe content of this product and I am a little concerned. I ended up tracking down my old aloe brand- Lily of the Desert and I must say I DID feel a difference. Fruit of the Earth disputes the results and says they stand by their product, but I also noticed some stinging of my skin/ eyes that I don't get from my other aloe.... It worked well for me, but I need the security of knowing what I'm putting on my face. If the first ingredient is aloe- there better be aloe in it, you know? Also the packaging says 100% gel, not 100% aloe, so seems a bit shady.

I would still probably use this if I was in a jam, but.... yeah. Unfortunate.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this product for my face. I am not sure if I was even supposed to use in my face in the first place, but as it says it is a moisturizer I assumed so. It is the only thing that made my acne go away. I have mild acne prone skin, and I started to use this product after my vichy 89 serum, and not only made my acne disappear as it also makes my skin less oily.
I will definitely purchase it again!

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Great product! Have used it on my old bald head and arms for years. Worked outside with the telephone co 37 years. Use it every day. Dries fast, keeps age spots in check. Works much better than products that have alcohol added. Like the green bottle of after sun. This stuff works! Not slick after drying. Use before going to yoga. I have tried many products of aloe over the years and always come back to Fruit of the Earth. Thanks guys!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used this product for years and it was average to prevent irritation but not much of a moisturizer. Today I was reading information on ConsumberLab.com and discovered that Fruit of the Earth hardly contains any aloe vera, according to their lab testing! The other aloe topical they tested was rated well for aloe contents. It is Aubrey Organics Aloe. IHerb has it for $7.57 for 4ozs., and Vitamin Life has it for $6.12 for the same size. Good to know.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT! This is my 4 or 5 bottle. I love how it is clear and doesn't have any alcohol or dyes. It comes in a big plastic squeeze tube. It also lasts a really long time. The reason I love this product is because it is moisturizing but not drying. Plus its all natural! I apply this product when I go to sleep because it keeps all the moister in my skin while I sleep. I sometimes mix this with my sunscreen and wear it throughout the day. The only reason i don't wear this during the day is because I prefer sunscreen to protect my face. I get my bottles at my nearest Walmart for about $5. I will keep repurchasing!!!
UPDATE: Its has been years since I first started using it and I continue to repurchase. I have currently finished my 9 or 10th bottle. I would recommend this to all ages for all skin types this is a fantastic moisterizer. Can't say enough good things about it.

I LOVE this stuff. I like to use this on areas where I have picked acne spots that are red and annoyed. This really helps to heal them faster and takes care of oil. This works fantastic as a makeup primer, and on days I don't wear makeup, I find it to be not moisturizing enough to go by itself (Keep in mind I have pretty oily skin), so I use the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion and mix them together, then rub it on my face. they really balance each other out to be the best moisturizer!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like that it's 100% Aloe without any added preservatives or alcohol. I tried another brand that did have alcohol and it irritated my skin. The Aloe Vera is soothing and really improves my skin.

I got this when my sister bought it and got tired of it as a moisturizer.

I absolutely love this.

I have very oily skin, especially my forehead, nose, and chin. I usually... No, I USED to use Neutrogena moisturizer for sensitive skin, but I found that I would be super greasy.

I decided to start using this as moisturizer. I love it. I went on a wild goose chase to various stores trying to track this down. (It's $4 for a 12oz bottle at Wal-Mart; other online sources have it at a much higher price point, not to mention $4-6 shipping charges.)

I put it on and it soothes my skin. It might not do much for redness, but it certainly helps. It also absorbs very quickly-- within a minute or two at most. (Depending if I put on a thin coat to moisturize or a thick, sunburn-soothing coat.)

I wouldn't call it drying. It does, however, make my skin feel tighter, smoother, and less oily. At the end of the day, my skin is much less oily than it was with Neutrogena lotion-like moisturizer. There are no products that truly stop or really slow my oil production, but this aloe gel works wonders for me.

I had a really bad sunburn last weekend and as a temporary relief measure, I bought some Equate aloe vera gel that was green... It was sticky and made it feel like I had spread Elmer's glue gel all over my face, chest, and neck. It didn't absorb in for nearly twenty minutes.

I'll stick to Fruit of the Earth Aloe Gel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I use it for sunburn and after shaving. This has a very soothing effect and gives enough hydrating to my skin. I tried it a couple of times on my face but I find it to be too light and not moist enough alone. I have not noticed any difference with my acnes or break outs either.

It did help my recovery from some allergies/sunburns on my chin and around my mouth after coming back from the beach this summer. It is light and gental but gives enough hydration to the damaged areas. I applied it a few times a day and my face recovered completly after a few days.

This is also quite good for soothing the skins on my legs after epilating them. It is not as heavy as other body lotions but gives a matte smooth moisture layer.

I purchased this because a Youtuber said she uses it as a moisturizer and "treatment" for acne. Considering this has aloe vera in it I decided to try it out. Nothing impressive honestly, it's not nearly moisturizing enough (I have combination oily skin) and doesn't seem to do much for pimples.
I do find that my cystic acne leave less scars after using this.
I haven't tried it as a makeup base over moisturizer yet, will report when I do.