KMS California Sea Salt Styling Spray

3.4

on 12/21/2012 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this a couple of months ago and since then I find myself using it almost every time I style my hair. I use it to give my fine hair extra boost and texture. I use it when I let my hair dry naturally (I have a natural wave) and also when I blow dry and when I straighten. I have gotten so many compliments on my hair since using it. I don't think I would recommend this for everyday use for those with dry hair (however, it is the least drying sea salt spray I've tried). It doesn't leave hair all gunky and gross like some sea salt sprays can do. Overall I absolutely love this product!

on 3/5/2012 10:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was in search of another decent sea salt spray and I was lucky to snag this half price, so I couldn't turn this one down. This product does exactly what it's supposed to do-it gives me plenty of body and textured, beachy waves. I don't use it everyday, but sometimes I want to play up my natural wave and curl and this product is perfect for doing that. I like to use this with Enjoy's volumizing mousse and it gives me perfect, beachy hair everytime. Like someone else mentioned, this product gives you the right amount of "crunch" without being too sticky or stiff. I like the packaging as well, it looks cute amongst my other hair products.

on 5/25/2011 5:52:00 PM

I thought this product was going to save me and my limp, fine, wavy hair. It gives me TONNES of body and nice big waves. However, I noticed after using it for a while that my hands started to feel really dry, as though I had been bathing them daily in rubbing alcohol. On further inspection I realized that the alcohol and salt content in this product was FRYING my hair. I still keep the bottle in my bathroom cupboard for special occaisons but I wouldn't DARE use this product on a daily basis.

on 7/17/2009 7:57:00 PM

I have tried other KMS products and liked them. I did rate this 2 overall as it does add texture to hair. I did like the packaging. But I found this product extremely drying. The second ingredient is magnium sulfate (or epsom salt). Sea salt is way down the list. This product also contains peppermint oil and I do not want my hair to smell minty. I will not repurchase. I loved John Frieda Ocean Waves and have not found a replacement. I do like Sunsilk Sea of Envy wave mist better than the KMS (and much cheaper). My hair is naturally wavy, highlighted blonde.
EDIT to add: I purchased this in Canada from Cosmo Prof (professional distributor/supplier) July 2009

on 7/4/2006 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was similar to John Frieda's Ocean Waves Spray and I believe it came out first. Anyway, when I discoverd Ocean Waves was discontinued and going for nearly $40 a bottle on Ebay, I was lucky enough to get 3 bottles of this for $15 + shipping. Similar effect but just not exactly the same. Still an easy way to give your hair a nice summer look when in a hurry in the humid weather. Of course I wouldn't buy it again BECAUSE it's discontinued and I was lucky enough to get a hold of 3 bottles to last me awhile :)

Popular Styling Products