KMS California Sea Salt Styling Spray

KMS California Sea Salt Styling Spray
Sea Salt Styling SprayKMS Hairplay sea salt styling spray

3.8

on 11/14/2012 11:12:00 PM

This product is just okay. The texture and hold lasts for maybe an hour and then it just leaves my hair limp and feeling dirty. I usually use sea salt spray to get my hair wavy, piecey and thicker. Since they discontinued my favorite (NeXXus Sea Swell Ocean Air Texture Mist), I resorted to this one. It does the job okay but not the best.

on 5/25/2011 5:52:00 PM

I thought this product was going to save me and my limp, fine, wavy hair. It gives me TONNES of body and nice big waves. However, I noticed after using it for a while that my hands started to feel really dry, as though I had been bathing them daily in rubbing alcohol. On further inspection I realized that the alcohol and salt content in this product was FRYING my hair. I still keep the bottle in my bathroom cupboard for special occaisons but I wouldn't DARE use this product on a daily basis.

on 7/17/2009 7:57:00 PM

I have tried other KMS products and liked them. I did rate this 2 overall as it does add texture to hair. I did like the packaging. But I found this product extremely drying. The second ingredient is magnium sulfate (or epsom salt). Sea salt is way down the list. This product also contains peppermint oil and I do not want my hair to smell minty. I will not repurchase. I loved John Frieda Ocean Waves and have not found a replacement. I do like Sunsilk Sea of Envy wave mist better than the KMS (and much cheaper). My hair is naturally wavy, highlighted blonde.
EDIT to add: I purchased this in Canada from Cosmo Prof (professional distributor/supplier) July 2009

on 8/1/2012 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

It's an okay product. Nothing sprecial really. It's fine to make beach curls with.
I like the sea salt spray from Philip B more because it adds more volume to my hair.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Purchased at Ulta for around $15 and so far just ok - i've been on the hunt for a good sea spray and i don't think is it. I DO like the peppermint scent and the fact that it is not sticky. Don't see too much texturizing, it's very light - would like more definition. My hair is long, fine, naturally curly and is getting straighter with length, thus why i am on the hunt for a good sea spray.

on 8/7/2009 6:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i don't know what everyone is talking about? I bought this product last week at a store called Essentials...I must admit my hair is entirely too straight or maybe is just have no idea how to use it but it doesnt do anything for me... :(

on 5/26/2009 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great for curly or wavy hair, although I'd straightened my hair and then tried this and I looked like I had really messy awful hair. So not sure how it will go for straight hair. I rarely wear my hair curly but when I do I let my hair air dry (I am naturally curly), then tidy the curls later and create depth with my ghd. I then give the curls a bit of a spritz with this and scrunch - it works great for a little hold and gives the curls a natural "lived in" look. I think this bottle will probably last me forever, so I'm not sure if I will even need to repurchase.
EDIT: original review 3/5. Bumped this up to 4 as I've found myself constantly reaching for it when I wear my hair curly. Gives definition and bounce, and just the right amount of "crunch" if you know what I mean.

on 7/4/2006 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was similar to John Frieda's Ocean Waves Spray and I believe it came out first. Anyway, when I discoverd Ocean Waves was discontinued and going for nearly $40 a bottle on Ebay, I was lucky enough to get 3 bottles of this for $15 + shipping. Similar effect but just not exactly the same. Still an easy way to give your hair a nice summer look when in a hurry in the humid weather. Of course I wouldn't buy it again BECAUSE it's discontinued and I was lucky enough to get a hold of 3 bottles to last me awhile :)

This helps define my curls well. I just spray this on after the show and let my hair air dry when I want my hair natural and curly. I also sometimes spray it at my roots to give me more body when I blow dry my hair out. I will repurchase.

on 7/30/2008 10:49:00 AM

Just to let you girls know I have tracked this stuff down in TJ Hughes (in the UK) for 1 a bottle. I will definately have to stock up!

Popular Styling Products