KMS California Sea Salt Styling Spray

Filtered by age: 25-29
KMS California Sea Salt Styling Spray
Sea Salt Styling SprayKMS Hairplay sea salt styling spray

4.1

This helps define my curls well. I just spray this on after the show and let my hair air dry when I want my hair natural and curly. I also sometimes spray it at my roots to give me more body when I blow dry my hair out. I will repurchase.

on 7/21/2013 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This bottle lasts forever (I bought it in Feb and I still have it in July now) and I use it fairly often. I also love the fresh scent. It leaves a sticky film if you use too much, so a little goes a long way. I have used this with short and medium-length hair. I have thick, curly/wavy hair and this helps define it better than any gel, mousse or cream I've used. Sometimes, I use this on top of a leave-in because I've read that sea salt sprays are drying, but I really don't think this is. When I only had a little left, I diluted it and actually like the outcome more. I bought a drugstore sea salt spray and am on the fence about it. I'm leaning towards buying this again.

on 12/21/2012 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this a couple of months ago and since then I find myself using it almost every time I style my hair. I use it to give my fine hair extra boost and texture. I use it when I let my hair dry naturally (I have a natural wave) and also when I blow dry and when I straighten. I have gotten so many compliments on my hair since using it. I don't think I would recommend this for everyday use for those with dry hair (however, it is the least drying sea salt spray I've tried). It doesn't leave hair all gunky and gross like some sea salt sprays can do. Overall I absolutely love this product!

on 11/14/2012 11:12:00 PM

This product is just okay. The texture and hold lasts for maybe an hour and then it just leaves my hair limp and feeling dirty. I usually use sea salt spray to get my hair wavy, piecey and thicker. Since they discontinued my favorite (NeXXus Sea Swell Ocean Air Texture Mist), I resorted to this one. It does the job okay but not the best.

on 4/9/2012 2:11:00 PM

I've been using KMS Sea Salt Spray for about 6 months now and absolutely love this product!! I have limp, pin straight Eastern European hair that falls flat no matter what I do. I've tried tons of volumizing products and usually end up disappointed. This spray adds fullness and texture to my baby fine hair and is so quick and easy to use. I spray it onto damp hair, blow dry upside down and that's it! It also works great when I've had my hair up all day or went to the gym. Just spray it onto dry hair, flip over, blow dry for a few seconds and it absorbs some of the excess oil. No need for dry shampoo. I usually leave my hair straight and use this for fullness, but if you wanted wavy hair, just scrunch while blow drying or let air dry. A little goes a long way, so don't use too much. It can be pretty drying especially if used often, so I use conditioners and light Moroccan oil to prevent damage. The packaging is great, love the spray bottle instead of a finger spritzer and it smells good too. I would definitely recommend this spray to anyone with fine, limp hair !

on 3/5/2012 10:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was in search of another decent sea salt spray and I was lucky to snag this half price, so I couldn't turn this one down. This product does exactly what it's supposed to do-it gives me plenty of body and textured, beachy waves. I don't use it everyday, but sometimes I want to play up my natural wave and curl and this product is perfect for doing that. I like to use this with Enjoy's volumizing mousse and it gives me perfect, beachy hair everytime. Like someone else mentioned, this product gives you the right amount of "crunch" without being too sticky or stiff. I like the packaging as well, it looks cute amongst my other hair products.

on 5/26/2009 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Great for curly or wavy hair, although I'd straightened my hair and then tried this and I looked like I had really messy awful hair. So not sure how it will go for straight hair. I rarely wear my hair curly but when I do I let my hair air dry (I am naturally curly), then tidy the curls later and create depth with my ghd. I then give the curls a bit of a spritz with this and scrunch - it works great for a little hold and gives the curls a natural "lived in" look. I think this bottle will probably last me forever, so I'm not sure if I will even need to repurchase.
EDIT: original review 3/5. Bumped this up to 4 as I've found myself constantly reaching for it when I wear my hair curly. Gives definition and bounce, and just the right amount of "crunch" if you know what I mean.

on 7/30/2008 10:49:00 AM

Just to let you girls know I have tracked this stuff down in TJ Hughes (in the UK) for 1 a bottle. I will definately have to stock up!

on 6/4/2008 12:03:00 AM

Well, both the reviews say this is discontinued, and they're from '06 and '07. I just bought this without any hassle online last week, so it's either back on shelves, or I lucked out with a website that still has some in stock. Anyway, I believe I've tried every salt spray that's ever existed. I WANT them to work! My hair looks awesome when I've been at the beach all day, lots of messy, sexy waves (my hair's very fine, but I have a ton of it, with a natural wave that tends toward curling when I really work at it). Most salt sprays just make my hair a horrible frizz-ball, which is a little less than the sexy look I want. This was no different when I first tried it (on wet hair with some other anti-frizz products). The other night I decided to use it on my dry hair after I'd had a pretty good hair day (I'd used some gel and anti-frizz cream), and it was SO good. My hair really looked like I'd been running around outside, all messy and sexy. The product itself smells great, and the spray bottle is convenient to use/hold and lets off a very fine mist. If this is, in fact, still available, I'll definitely buy again.

Popular Styling Products