Kose Medicated Sekkisei

Kose Medicated Sekkisei

Water, alcohol, glycerin, angelica acutiloba root extract, coix lacryma, jobi (job's tears) seed extract, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, hamamelis virginia (witch hazel) extract, melothria heterophylla extract, tocopheryl acetate, tritcum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, citric acid, DI-C12-15 pareth-8 phosphate, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, polysorbate 80, sodium citrate, sorbitan sesquioleate, triethylhexanonin, ethylparaben, fragrance.

on 10/9/2014 6:32:00 AM

I tried this product and love the result. I have an oily skin type but it didn't make my face more oily than before. I felt this product helped even out my skin tone but the problem is price. I can only afford the travel size bottle hahaha but I know mostly good results comes from expensive products

on 6/13/2014 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It made me breakout!! Especially when i already had acne. Made it worst. :(

To Read all 113 Reviews, Login or Join

I already use this sekkisei lotion for 6 years, this toner really works on my skin. It brighten and always keep my skin moisture. It's quite pricey but it worth. I can use a bottle for a year..

on 6/6/2014 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Quick to absorb but doesn't dry my skin. Slight brightening. Will consider to repurchase since it is not too expensive. An alternative toner to missha treatment essence.

on 4/9/2014 9:25:00 AM

My favourite toner ever, although this product contains alcohol, it really moisturizes my face..I have tried other toners (eg estee lauder and sana) but none of them are as good as this kose toner.. this toner can also be used with face mask..kose has 2 types of face mask, the more expensive one has better quality and it works really well with this toner. Also,it is cheaper to purchase this in Japan (their drugstore or duty free).

on 2/14/2014 12:03:00 PM

As a guy with oily skin living in hot humid Malaysia, this lotion is a god sent for me. It is cooling and refreshing but provides ample moisturising n hydration for day time use. I do not use a moisturiser in the daytime as the weather makes most moisturisers melt and end up making my face shiny n greasy by noon.

After cleansing I apply this using my palms and pat it in until absorbed. after that I apply a sunscreen with some hydrating benefits. After 2 months of use I feel it helped calm my acne prone skin down and it did brighten my skin somewhat.

The suggested application method is by cotton pads but it didn't work for me. Firstly the lotion finishes up faster . Secondly the cotton usually gets caught in my facial hair/stubble.

The Sekkisei Lotion also works very well as an after shave. no burn which means the alcohol content is not that high and not greasy unlike other aftershaves.

The only con is the price which isn't that high but the problem is it increases every year by around 5%.

on 9/22/2013 11:55:00 AM

I've been using this for more than 5 years and still loving it! Literally my skin savior. Every lady should have a bottle of this. Love it both as a toner and mask. Whenever my skin is in a poor condition, I'll apply it on my whole face first and re-apply more on the affected area with the lotion soaked in cotton wool. Helps calm my skin.

on 9/15/2013 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The first time I ever used this was when I lived in Japan (although I could only afford to get the tiny trial size!), which also happens to be when I was suffering from the worst acne of my life. I later figured out that the cause of my acne was hormonal, so there was no way this product would have been able to cure it, but when I did use it at the time I felt that it helped reduce the severity of my pimples. Now that I know the cause of my acne and I'm on BCP and spiro, I only ever get the tiniest pimples every now and then. I recently picked this up at a Japanese grocery near where I live to see whether it could help improve skin tone, as many reviews have said, and minimize my pores if possible, since that's my main issue now. First of all, I think this has the classiest bottle! I love the way it looks on my dresser. The toner has a fresh scent and is totally clear. It does have alcohol in it, which I don't mind (it seems to have a lot less than some other toners I've used, including things like witch hazel, which is usually around 14% alcohol). I do have to say that this visibly improves skin tone and softens skin, although only when I use it (not permanently). But it really does make a noticeable difference. Just like I noticed when I was using it for acne, it really does seem to calm the skin. As for my pores, nothing can make them smaller, but having a more consistent, clear skin tone does help take attention away from them, at least. It also keeps them extra clear so hopefully they won't expand. Either way, although this product is expensive, many less expensive products don't give as effective results, and you only need the littlest bit to see a difference, so I think it's a good deal. Recommended for anyone who doesn't mind an astringent toner and is looking to improve their skin tone. I also think this would be great for face masks.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was actually deciding between the Kose lotion and the SK ll facial treatment essence and decided to try the Kose lotion 24ml sample.

After using it as a toner for about 2 weeks I can already see that my skintone was more even, much more brighter and clearer. Honestly I had never seen my complexion this clear and realised how dull my complexion was in the past. I was using Laneige toner previously.

Most importantly, i did not have any new break outs. My mom even thought i had foundation on because my skin looked much smoother as before. My skin type is dry.

Highly recommended toner! Will be purchasing the full sized after finishing the sample.

on 11/8/2011 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Let me de-mystify... "Medicated" labelled on all Japanese skincare means the ingredients have been proven "effective" for their claims by the Japanese health department. In other words, Job's tears and those Chinese herbs used in Sekkisei are effective for skin whitening, certified by the government.

I like how it feels on my skin, without leaving a sticky film like some other toners do. Whitening effect is definitely there, gentle and gradual. It helps to lighten my acne marks. I only use it as a treatment with Kose paper masks a few times weekly instead of a regular daily toner. As a toner, it's light and refreshing to be used in summer, but would be a bit de-hydrating for winter due to the alcohol. Alcohol isn't always a bad thing, too much is. Lots of Chinese herbs need to release, maximize and preserve their healing strengths through soaking in alcohol, my chinese herbalist uncle said. Maybe that's why...

This is the only Sekkisei product I use. Had tried the sunscreen and liked the thin and smoothing texture.

I stock up Sekkisei toner and SKII Facial Treatment Essence everytime when I visit Japan, not just because of the cheaper price, but also for different formulas between the local products and the export ones. It's well-known that Japanese keep the best stuff to themselves. LOL