Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have three of these eye shadows and I have to say they are decent. They aren't amazing, but for the price, I think they work well. I have two shimmery shades (a green and a light brown) and one matte shade (a dark brown.) I have to say that the shimmery shades seem a little easier to apply, for whatever reason. However, all of these shadows are pretty easy to blend and they are pigmented fairly well. They staying power isn't perfect, but some primer makes them last. I keep the sponge applicators that come with these, and when I really want staying power and bright color, I'll wet the applicators and then apply.
Overall, these aren't bad at all, especially for the price. I keep my matte brown shade in my purse for touch ups and it had really come in handy at times :)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I found these shadows to have very little pigment. I spent more time trying to pick up enough color on the brush than to apply it on my eyelids! I rather spend the extra money to have pigmented shadows.

wow, i'm surprised that the ratings are so low on this product. this is really the only brand of eyeshadow that i will let grace my eyelids these days... why? it's affordable. it NEVER creases, and i don't have to wear foundation and/or powder under it. it is highly pigmented, so i'm not tugging on my eyelids trying to get color, yet at the same time you can go for a more sheer look as well by not applying as much. 3) it actually helps keep my eyes moisturized, as opposed to flaking, and making them feel dry and cakey, and just uncomfortable, in fact, i feel better with it on. i dunno, call me crazy. the one thing i'd appreciate, is a larger/better color selection! i won't wear any other eye shadows, so it leaves me kind of limited in that aspect, and it doesn't help that i'm a very, very fair redhead, ugh! oh, and don't ever use those crappy little sticks they provide in the packaging... or you are just asking for trouble. i actually use a really skinny/soft eyeshadow brush, just so that i can be more precise... this eyeshadow stays on so good that if you mess, up you are screwed unless you wash your face, so be careful, and start by applying conservatively with a smaller brush! ooo, and the packaging alwaaays breaks... the lids pop off within the first two seconds of looking at 'em. seriously!

In order to start off my review honestly, I'll have to say that at first I was disappointed with this eyeshadow. I had to apply a ton of it just so it would be completely black, which, like me was oh so evil/soulless/colourless/cool/goth. Then I turned 12. Ha! I kid. But I did eventually learn to love it. Sure, it may go on kinda light for a shade called "Night Sky", but I'm long past changing my appearance to the extent that I actually look like a different person. In the end, it just adds a certain definition and dimension to my eyes, as well as a bit of sparkle. It's also very flattering on my skin for some reason; after I got it, I read in Seventeen that it was supposed to be ideal for brunettes with fair skin, and they were right. Not quite sure what it is, but I like it. I will have to add, though, that this really doesn't last long at all. It's gone in a very very short amount of time.

A perfectly average eye shadow. The colors tend to fade over time but most do with me. I won't throw out what I have (I can use UDPP underneath to help it stay), but I am not going to repurchase. For cheap eye shadows with staying power, try ELF.

I love the way this eyeshadow color brings out the green in my eyes. :)
It glides on smooth and i love the color. :)

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have the Expert Eyes Trio "best in glow". They two yellows are pretty. They give you a little shimmer and look natural. The tan color is basically the same color as my eyelid, so I don't use it much. They stay on for about 4 hours with out creasing. However, I probably won't buy these again. I might try another shade is I find them on sale.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in "rose tint", a light sparkly pink, stupidly without trying it. The problem with this is theres just no pigment or colour there is lots of fine gitter. I hardly shows on my pale skin. There are some plus though, hence the 3 rating, it stay on pretty well and is nice for a natural look with some sparkle. This isn't dirt cheap I paid around 3.50 in the UK, the packaging is ok but nothing to shout about; no mirror, or applicator. I really what a pink shadow thats shows up pink (i'll update when ive found one)! :)

Bah, this was okay. The coverage wasn't too good. The colour selection is great, but they don't offer many different textures (matte/sparkly/etc), and they don't stay for long. I recommend using a primer on your lids, then dusting with loose powder to boost their staying power.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Thank God I got this on sale. This eyeshadow constantly annoys me, and I've given it many chances to redeem itself. There's several things wrong with it: 1) The brush is completely useless, and you'll either have to use your own brushes or your fingers. 2) The colour I have, Chambray Blue, is not very pigmented. Plus it doesn't look good on me, but that's possibly irrelevant for you. 3) It wears off very quickly, and leaves only the shimmer behind, which is a LOT of shimmer. It doesn't look shimmery when it's mixed with the eyeshadow, but when the eyeshadow rubs off (which is quickly), it leaves behind a mess of sparkles. 4) After a little bit of use, it looked like this: It's all lumpy and hard in some spots, and this was after I cleaned it up a bit. Ugh. Will not repurchase. continued >>