Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 19-24

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this having searched fruitlessly for hours for the right shades of green, blue and purple for my hazel-green eyes. I almost missed this little quad on the shelf but was delighted to find four useable, harmonious colours that were just what I was looking for and so well priced, just NZ$19.95. You can use these colours so many different ways, I love wetting my eyeshadow brush and using the green as an eyeliner with the pale purple on my lids. Good quality product from Maybelline I will be buying more colours soon!!

Have this in "Sweet Mystique", I purchased it to use as day shadow or highlighter at night because of the cute colors which are Light Pink, Light Yellow and Light Blue.

I decided to apply the blue for the first test, at it just came out as silver. So I applied the pink on the other eye, and I can't tell the difference. They're both just silver. I am so irritated that it seems to be impossible to get any shadows from Maybelline, Cover Girl, etc that aren't just shimmer. Would never buy this again as I don't care for cheap silvery eyes.

Edited to add: I originally applied this with my favorite brush applicator and got the silver. When I used a large foam applicator I actually got some color. It was cute, but still too shimmery and silver toned.

I have this in Emerald. It's soft, and blendable, and it lasts for a pretty long time without creasing. That's a lot from a low-end brand.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is some nice eyeshadow. It's soft, blendable, spreads well, and lasts a good while. There's not a wide variety of colors though, and most of them tend to be soft, pastel-type shades. Often Maybelline will come out with new colors seasonally, but the colors only last the season and seldom make it into the regular line. It's a pretty good eyeshadow for a decent price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this eye shadow in Lilac Pearl. It shows up as a very light, shimmery purple. I really liked it! It's easy to blend with other colors, and it's cheap. But it takes a lot of eyeshadow to get even just a light color, so I went through it really quick.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

These are the worst drugstore eyeshadows I've ever used! All of them are pure frost, crease like mad and don't go on smoothly at all! It's a shame too as many of the colours are lovely to look at. But seriously don't waste your money here, stick to the good drugstore eyeshadows like Revlon.