Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

I got this in black, green, and 2 different shades of blue. The colors are bright, but not as bright as i would like. Im talking neon shades so i never really wear them. They are really really good though for $3 and for a drugstore brand. I would deffinatly reccomend to anyone who needs quick eyeshadow!

I cannot understand the glowing reviews, because this is one of the worst, if not THE absolute WORST eyeshadow I've ever used. Smooth & blendable my ass! I have the black one w/sparkles & the turquoise one, and both of them are chalky, powdery, and somehow manage to flake & get all over the place no matter how carefully I apply them. You know how some shadows harden & solidify in the pan & you have to scrape off the top layer to get any product on your brush? Yeah, these will do that after ONE USE. And when I actually manage to get any color on my lids, it transfers all over the rest of my eyelid & rubs off.

Truly, truly terrible. It's hard to screw up eyeshadow, I mean, it's just colored powder, right? How hard can it be to make decent eyeshadow? Well, obviously Maybelline can't figure it out. Don't EVER buy these shadows. If you want cheap makeup, go with Cover Girl or Jane.

Bought the Expert Eyes in Night Sky. In the package, color looks BLACK, but on my fair skin, it translates to a beautiful charcoally smokey gray, very lovely. However, I haven't seen an eyeshadow that creases and fades as bad as this one in YEARS. Will try putting it on with a wet brush, but all in all, what a shame. Lovely color but needs reformulation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan of this stuff, its neat that they show you how to apply it to achieve a 'look'. The little applicators it comes with are terrible and I didn't like the colour on me at all. I think this stuff is only so-so and not really worth the money unless you find colours you like or just like the fact thats its a 4 in 1 compact.

i actually really like this eyeshadow!

Mine says ExpertWear Eye Shadow, so maybe they have changed the formula?

i have Emerald Isle quad and Silver Lining single. i want to get some more colors because they are so cheap!

Mine doesn't crease at all, but the color is a little softer than it is in the pan (but i think most shadows are a tad less intense)...

I have never tried Maybelline Eyeshadows until yesterday and i gotta say it was crap. I got the color Citylights (silver w/ faint glitter) and put it on the other day. Well nothing showed up on my eyelids and i'm fair. I dont know how the other colors are and if they would do the same or not. There are better drugstore eyeshadows out there like Milani or Jane. Stay away from this stuff unless you've found a color that actually shows up.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Sometimes it is better to just spend a little more and get something good. That is pretty much the case here. They have a lot of colors to choose from but I broke the applicator trying to get anough on my brush to show up on my skin, and it fade half way through the day. I had 2 light and one dark color in the set, but they all were very light when you put them on. If you can afford anything else, do it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this having searched fruitlessly for hours for the right shades of green, blue and purple for my hazel-green eyes. I almost missed this little quad on the shelf but was delighted to find four useable, harmonious colours that were just what I was looking for and so well priced, just NZ$19.95. You can use these colours so many different ways, I love wetting my eyeshadow brush and using the green as an eyeliner with the pale purple on my lids. Good quality product from Maybelline I will be buying more colours soon!!

I have this product in "Almond Truffles" which is a trio. The colors are a soft whitish/seashell color w/ minimal shimmer, a neutral brown/violet with slight shimmer, and a basic taupe. This is a perfect everyday eye color set for me - I am very fair & have hazel eyes. The shadows don't have a lot of pigment, but the effect is pretty & natural & wears well. This product is replacing my old favorite "Urban Basics" by Covergirl, of which I've outgrown the glitter! It's a bargain for the price.

2 words: THEY SUCK. so bad. like, really, really suck. I've even tried the "new and improved" formula, and they still suck. In fact, I think they suck EVEN MORE, if that's even possible! No pigment whatsoever, chalky as all hell, creasing, no staying power, etc..etc..all the bad eyeshadow qualities. At least these are cheap, but still, Jane and Milani are cheaper and the quality is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better. The colors are pretty though, but pass by these unless you *want* to waste your money!