Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

I have many of this shadows ~ Earthly Taupe, Champagne Fizz, Linen, Tranquil Sands, Silver Lining, Silken Taupe and Antique Jade. The lighter shades are actually the best highlighters that I have found.

My two favorites are Earthly Taupe and Champagne Fizz. Earthly Taupe is great for a naked matte look as an all over color wash. It works perfectly with eyeliner for a no makeup look. Champagne Fizz was a matte shade, but the newest one I purchased was shimmer, which is a total disappointment. This was may favorite brow highlight. These shades are getting harder and harder to find. It appears that Maybelline is pushing their quads vs. single shades.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have TONS of eyeshadow sets, and the majority of them are from Maybelline Expert Eyes. The colors are great and show up very well; are easy to blend and work with. My favorite sets are Grey Matters, Rose Tints, Crown Jewels, and Catty Eyes (haven't seen that last one in any store in a long time though). Whenever I'm looking for a new set of eyeshadow, I usually turn to Maybelline Expert Eyes. The only faults I find with it are the packaging- the shape of the tin makes it impossible to keep them stacked neatly in my cosmetics box, and sometimes the sponge on the applicator splits in half. (The packaging is the reason I rated this a 4). The eyeshadows definitely make up for this though and are totally worth it :)

I got these eye shadows on sale. I bought a purple, aqua blue color, darker blue, a green, & a silver. What a waste of money! The colors look pretty but it does not show up like that on my eye. It's spotty & sheer. It takes a lot of eye shadow packed on to get some color. I was pretty disappointed . Wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Let me just keep it real. These shadows suck. They are sort of pretty in the compact, but that's all. There is NO pigmentation once this shadow is applied. Therefore, you must pack on tons of product in order to get some type of result. To add salt on that wound, the color that you have packed on doesn't last very long. Buy something else....Anything else.

I don't like this product. The eyeshadow isn't very pigmented AT ALL. It only works if its wet, and even then it's still not that great. Ugh, well I'll keep mine so i can empty out the tin and use it for other pigment pressing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently bought this eyeshadow in Tranquil Sands, which i find is a pretty beige shade. I had been looking forward to buying this color because i wanted to have a natural looking eyeshadow that would be close to my lid color while still making my eyes look a bit more polished. I find that it's very easy to wear and apply, and a very good color to use for a quick / simple look. I feel like this is the kind of shade that i could apply without necessarily being too precise because it seems to be a very forgiving, easy-going color. This also has a satin finish with a very slight sheen to it, which i like as well. I've been trying this eyeshadow out for a few days, and so far i am liking it a lot. If there are any changes, i will be sure to update!

I have the trio set called "Evening Shimmer". Perfect for a smoky look. On the package it tells you which color to put on which part of eye which is very helpful. The silver is nice and shimmering. Can be used with other shadows and colors. Don't really like the white. A bit chalky. The black is great for the darker look effect. Overall pretty good for the price. Have not tried other pigments yet.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought jade it is really pretty. Formula is great, no fall out, great creamy formula. I would buy more colors.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I really dont like this product. But it is loyal. Consistent prices in every drug store. Its always in stock. Comes in a variety of colors. And comes in multiple pigment packaging. However, unlike some other reviews, i will point out that this product definately does crease. It melts fast in warm weather and humidity and the pigments do not show too well. I havent tried it with a primer yet so I have no solutions to this problem. Wen applied wet the colors appear more vibrant however the eye shodow smears. The colors do not blend too well and often form horrible blends. There is a chalky appeal to some of the pigments and there is no true depth in the dark colors. As mentioned in another comment... the black isnt black, it looks grey. I find myself using black eyeliner to get the black color i desire. I have no problems with its glittery shades, however its hard to find any shade without it.

I would definately buy this product again but not for its quality... cuz quite frankly its lacking. Its semi affordable and better than the dirt cheap shdows. When i can afford MAC i will be sure to make the transition.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the best drugstore eye shadows I have used. The colors are nice and they actually have good pigment. You can see the color! They don't crease and last all day. I usually get the duo. I would recommend these. They're inexpensive but still have quality.