Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

I have this product in "Turquoise Jewel" and I actually like it, contrary to the other reviewers. However, I only use it as an eyeliner and I have to wet the brush to apply it so that it shows up. It's such a pretty color when used wet, but it does fade through the day. So, buy it if you don't mind reapplying every few hours.

The one thing I will say this eyeshadow has going for it is the fact that the color payoff is wonderful (however, this only applies if you keep layering on the eyeshadow), but this is completely negated by all other aspects of the shadow. The consistency is extremely chalky and hard to pack onto a brush, and the moment I put it on my lids, there is instant fallout. Even worse, this eyeshadow will not stick. I apply it as a lid color, and the moment I blend it with another color, 90% of the color is blended away. Trust me, I am a big fan of drugstore eye shadows, but this is just horrible. If you want a quality cheap eye shadow, I suggest the CoverGirl single eyeshadows. They are almost the same price but have better sticking and staying power.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I know i shouldn't be saying this but, i love these shadows! The shades are just so pretty, especially the hi pearl ones. I like the packaging, applicator is pretty good, staying power isn't so great but the texture is okay. I don't have a problem with going to the bathroom to smooth it out from my crease. :) These are also very cheap and like i said the shades and intensity of them are great.

pros : the color's not too pigmented for everyday wear. the applicator that comes with it is pretty decent.

cons : it tends to fade throughout the day (yes, i use a primer.) it creased on me a couple of times. the color's not very pigmented, so you need to layer it a couple of times before you get a good color payoff. i hate the cheap - looking plastic container ; IT'S SO UGLY! i might have gotten a defective one, but i had to scrape the shadow off with a tweezer then follow up with an eyeshadow brush to pick up the loose shadow.

overall : i would never buy this again. it wasn't worth my money.

I didn't like the texture. Not finely milled at all. It was too gritty and didn't blend well. There was too much sparkle. I didn't like the colors too.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Good thing I bought this on clearance from Target! I got Almondine (pearl) - a light cream color. After a few uses, it turned chunky and hard. In addition to the fact that it faded just 20 min after applying, I decided that it wasn't worth it. However, today I somewhat salvaged it by using a small knifeblade to scrape the product and turn it into loose powder. Then I applied it with a wet applicator. Success!! It lasted about 3 hours before beginning to fade. Hence, SOMEWHAT salvaged. However, I won't buy again because Jane's Eye Zing in White Lies is a much better consistency and lasts a lot longer. Oh well. It was worth a try!

Ahh, I remember trying a few of these eyeshadows back in the day. The colours were pretty but the shadows themselves were always hard, chalky, and nearly impossible to get onto the skin. For drugstore eyeshadow, I always used to stick with L'Oreal and Revlon, although some other lines I've tried lately have also impressed - Jane, NYX, Annabelle, and even Wet 'n' Wild, believe it or not!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Sometimes it is better to just spend a little more and get something good. That is pretty much the case here. They have a lot of colors to choose from but I broke the applicator trying to get anough on my brush to show up on my skin, and it fade half way through the day. I had 2 light and one dark color in the set, but they all were very light when you put them on. If you can afford anything else, do it.

My shadow compact looked exactly like the one in the picture below!! This sucks really bad, and forget about using it wet! Even when dry, the color is non-existant.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this a long time ago in "Arctic Pink". A very gorgeous color! Looks like baby pink in the package. I usually apply it to my brow bones and inner rims of my eyes as a "highlighter" and the color comes on sheer with a light shimmery pink. Unfortunately,i find it too chalky and unblendable....