Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 19-24

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have TONS of eyeshadow sets, and the majority of them are from Maybelline Expert Eyes. The colors are great and show up very well; are easy to blend and work with. My favorite sets are Grey Matters, Rose Tints, Crown Jewels, and Catty Eyes (haven't seen that last one in any store in a long time though). Whenever I'm looking for a new set of eyeshadow, I usually turn to Maybelline Expert Eyes. The only faults I find with it are the packaging- the shape of the tin makes it impossible to keep them stacked neatly in my cosmetics box, and sometimes the sponge on the applicator splits in half. (The packaging is the reason I rated this a 4). The eyeshadows definitely make up for this though and are totally worth it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently bought this eyeshadow in Tranquil Sands, which i find is a pretty beige shade. I had been looking forward to buying this color because i wanted to have a natural looking eyeshadow that would be close to my lid color while still making my eyes look a bit more polished. I find that it's very easy to wear and apply, and a very good color to use for a quick / simple look. I feel like this is the kind of shade that i could apply without necessarily being too precise because it seems to be a very forgiving, easy-going color. This also has a satin finish with a very slight sheen to it, which i like as well. I've been trying this eyeshadow out for a few days, and so far i am liking it a lot. If there are any changes, i will be sure to update!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this a long time ago in "Arctic Pink". A very gorgeous color! Looks like baby pink in the package. I usually apply it to my brow bones and inner rims of my eyes as a "highlighter" and the color comes on sheer with a light shimmery pink. Unfortunately,i find it too chalky and unblendable....

Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow in Designer Chocolates is probably one of the more versatile neutrals that can be found in drugstore makeup aisles. I like the ability to go really light or dark depending on my mood and application. As always, with Maybelline and many other cheaper brands, buying a good quality eyeshadow brush separate from the one included is a must. Anyway, I think this is a decent product, but I wish the shadow lasted longer in the package and on my eyelids.

A+ for color, C+ for everything else