Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Review for Champagne Fizz. This is a beautiful skin toned shadow. It creates a lovely neutral eye base by evening out minor discoloration. Perfect to apply other shadow over or leave as is. It is called matte, but is not a true matte, there is just enough glow to it to keep it from looking powdery and flat. Packaging is not very good, but price and shadow is.

I got these eye shadows on sale. I bought a purple, aqua blue color, darker blue, a green, & a silver. What a waste of money! The colors look pretty but it does not show up like that on my eye. It's spotty & sheer. It takes a lot of eye shadow packed on to get some color. I was pretty disappointed . Wouldn't buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I found these shadows to have very little pigment. I spent more time trying to pick up enough color on the brush than to apply it on my eyelids! I rather spend the extra money to have pigmented shadows.

Funny... the overall rating here is bad but there are a lot of shining reviews. Regardless, I HATE this eye shadow. I have the duo in "grey matters", which I bought to help me achieve a smokey eye. I have never been happy with it! The brush it comes with is crap, yes, but even with my nice brush it doesn't work well! The powder is not at all silky, very dry and doesn't go on smooth. Plus, whenever I try to put it on, WAY more product flakes and gets under my eyes than on my lids. This is especially bad with a color like grey because it makes me look like I have dark circles! Plus it's too much sparkle (and I am not normally against sparkle) with not enough pigment. The glitter is WAY too chunky and obvious, not shimmery and subtle enough. And it doesn't blend nicely!
Nothing good to say about this except that it's cheap. I will throw this out as soon as I get a new grey shadow. This is the first product I have not been worried about wasting.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Wow. They reformulated this, huh. Well then, I think mine has been sitting around for a long long time, since its in black packaging. Eyeshadow monos just last way too long! But no matter what, I always keep this around because mine (kola nut) is just such a great colour for me, perfectly pigmented and shimmered. Too bad, I don't think its around anymore... It was so cheap too.

pros : the color's not too pigmented for everyday wear. the applicator that comes with it is pretty decent.

cons : it tends to fade throughout the day (yes, i use a primer.) it creased on me a couple of times. the color's not very pigmented, so you need to layer it a couple of times before you get a good color payoff. i hate the cheap - looking plastic container ; IT'S SO UGLY! i might have gotten a defective one, but i had to scrape the shadow off with a tweezer then follow up with an eyeshadow brush to pick up the loose shadow.

overall : i would never buy this again. it wasn't worth my money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is no shadow. It takes so many swaps on the eyelids to see ANYTHING. And after I finally get some product on there, it fades in a flash. There is substance. The package is pretty simple, no mirror. They seem to have very nice colors, too bad they don't work. Never buying this again.

Ahh, I remember trying a few of these eyeshadows back in the day. The colours were pretty but the shadows themselves were always hard, chalky, and nearly impossible to get onto the skin. For drugstore eyeshadow, I always used to stick with L'Oreal and Revlon, although some other lines I've tried lately have also impressed - Jane, NYX, Annabelle, and even Wet 'n' Wild, believe it or not!

My shadow compact looked exactly like the one in the picture below!! This sucks really bad, and forget about using it wet! Even when dry, the color is non-existant.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this having searched fruitlessly for hours for the right shades of green, blue and purple for my hazel-green eyes. I almost missed this little quad on the shelf but was delighted to find four useable, harmonious colours that were just what I was looking for and so well priced, just NZ$19.95. You can use these colours so many different ways, I love wetting my eyeshadow brush and using the green as an eyeliner with the pale purple on my lids. Good quality product from Maybelline I will be buying more colours soon!!