Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by hair type : Other

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

I only own one of these eye shadows cause it came with my Maybelline eyeliner for free. I have it in a black glittery color and it works alright. I don't use it often so I still have a lot but it's definitely a very cheap, dry, powdery eye shadow. It doesn't really last long and I have to make sure my eyes are very moisturized (to the point of stickiness, like with Vaseline) so that this shadow will stay on.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Let me just keep it real. These shadows suck. They are sort of pretty in the compact, but that's all. There is NO pigmentation once this shadow is applied. Therefore, you must pack on tons of product in order to get some type of result. To add salt on that wound, the color that you have packed on doesn't last very long. Buy something else....Anything else.

I don't like this product. The eyeshadow isn't very pigmented AT ALL. It only works if its wet, and even then it's still not that great. Ugh, well I'll keep mine so i can empty out the tin and use it for other pigment pressing.

I love the colours and the price - but not the quality.

Even when I wear an eyeshadow primer underneath, the shadow doesn't last very long. The colours are also not very intense.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Good thing I bought this on clearance from Target! I got Almondine (pearl) - a light cream color. After a few uses, it turned chunky and hard. In addition to the fact that it faded just 20 min after applying, I decided that it wasn't worth it. However, today I somewhat salvaged it by using a small knifeblade to scrape the product and turn it into loose powder. Then I applied it with a wet applicator. Success!! It lasted about 3 hours before beginning to fade. Hence, SOMEWHAT salvaged. However, I won't buy again because Jane's Eye Zing in White Lies is a much better consistency and lasts a lot longer. Oh well. It was worth a try!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Sometimes it is better to just spend a little more and get something good. That is pretty much the case here. They have a lot of colors to choose from but I broke the applicator trying to get anough on my brush to show up on my skin, and it fade half way through the day. I had 2 light and one dark color in the set, but they all were very light when you put them on. If you can afford anything else, do it.

the colour doesn't show up. it looks nice though...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

colour doesn't really show up even when using proper brushes. you have to apply tons if you want some colour to show. not really worth it even if it is relatively cheap. i definitely do not recommend.

C to the R to the A to the P! Worst ever, and I got a quad of these for free with a mail-in rebate. Yep, they have to give these away, folks! continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I buy this in a variety of colors, I like it because it looks nice on my fair skin and dosen't overpower. It goes on well if you clean off your sponge every week so the extra dosen't build up.After about 6 hours it does crease in the middle of your eyes, which can be kind of annoying. I like it enough to keep buying it.