Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 19-24

2.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently bought this eyeshadow in Tranquil Sands, which i find is a pretty beige shade. I had been looking forward to buying this color because i wanted to have a natural looking eyeshadow that would be close to my lid color while still making my eyes look a bit more polished. I find that it's very easy to wear and apply, and a very good color to use for a quick / simple look. I feel like this is the kind of shade that i could apply without necessarily being too precise because it seems to be a very forgiving, easy-going color. This also has a satin finish with a very slight sheen to it, which i like as well. I've been trying this eyeshadow out for a few days, and so far i am liking it a lot. If there are any changes, i will be sure to update!

I thought this product was bad at first too because the colors are just glittery and theres almost no color payoff, but if you apply this wet, with a base, its actually pretty good! try it out ladies!

I have this in silver lining, and emerald. I do not like this at all. Looks beautiful in the packaging, but the colors are not pigmented...luckily I got this for free. But would not buy other wise..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used Crème de Cocoa. It is a good, matte cocoa brown; I really like the color. It doesn’t look too muddy on my skin, but it creases very easily (I have oily skin). I will not be buying it again for that reason.

Worst eyeshadow ever. I've tried four of them and had to throw away three. Yes, they were cheap, but these shadows simply don't work at all. I first got Nightsky which is charcoal black, it worked well as a powder liner. Then I got Watercolors, which appeared to have a light pink, light blue and light green. They all turned out to be white. No pigmentation whatsoever. Just gritty white glitter on my lids. Sunset Neutrals had 8 colors in it. They were either chalky, muddy or lacked pigmentation. The last one I tried was a brown color (can't remember the name). Too muddy for lids. I tried to use it on my brow, but it had a red undertone, so didn't work.

Overall, poor quality eyeshadow. I will use up Night Sky as a liner, but won't repurchase due to its hard texture.

MaxFactor Eyeshadows are just as cheap, but the quality is so much better. Those who were disappointed in Maybelline should give MF a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a bunch of different colored Trio shadows. My two favorites are from a few years back, and they've been discontinued. Unfortunately, the new shades do not transfer to the eyelid nearly as well as the older shades. I don't know if they changed their formula or what, but I don't think I'll be buying Maybelline shadow anymore, because it doesn't show up on the eye at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Poor pigmentation, fade and crease in seconds.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

They may look pretty in the packaging, but it takes forever for me to get these to show up on my lids. Also, the packaging (especially for the quads) sucks. If anyone knows where I can find a decent set of neutral brown/nude eyeshadow shades, let me know, as I'm throwing these all out.

I have this in the 8-pan World Wide web. The colours are coral-ish pink, light pink, smokey gray, light gray, periwinkle blue, light blue, true purple, lavender. All the colours are shimmery. The only colours that show up on me are the smokey gray which is excellent, and the periwinkle blue which is not a nice colour in my opinion. The other colours just look like shimmer on me. I guess I can use them as highlighters. The texture is not that bad, fairly smooth. UPDATE: Other than the smokey grey the other colours are very frosty and look a little 80s-ish.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Maybelline eyeshadows!! They have beautiful wearable colors and ever since L'Oreal bought Maybelline they really have gotten some better quality items. I have the single eyeshadow in SILKEN TAUPE--great color--it's a shimmery taupe color, similar to my NARS Ashes to Ashes. I wear the Silken Taupe more though because it's more pigmented and I just like the color better. It wears well and doesn't crease all day. I also have Preppy In Pink and Pink Opal (which I think they discontinued-but they have one called Pink Sands which is close). I also have have a couple trios and love those too. I will be getting more of these! But I really do recommend the Silken Taupe, beautiful color!