Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

I found these at the dollar store of all places. I bought a dark teal color that I though would be pretty. This stuff doesn't have very much pigmentation, so the color showed up more of a light Jade color. Luckily I've been wanting a light color like that so I wasn't that disappointed! Not a horrible eyeshadow but there are better. I would pay a buck, but that's about it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the best drugstore eye shadows I have used. The colors are nice and they actually have good pigment. You can see the color! They don't crease and last all day. I usually get the duo. I would recommend these. They're inexpensive but still have quality.

In order to start off my review honestly, I'll have to say that at first I was disappointed with this eyeshadow. I had to apply a ton of it just so it would be completely black, which, like me was oh so evil/soulless/colourless/cool/goth. Then I turned 12. Ha! I kid. But I did eventually learn to love it. Sure, it may go on kinda light for a shade called "Night Sky", but I'm long past changing my appearance to the extent that I actually look like a different person. In the end, it just adds a certain definition and dimension to my eyes, as well as a bit of sparkle. It's also very flattering on my skin for some reason; after I got it, I read in Seventeen that it was supposed to be ideal for brunettes with fair skin, and they were right. Not quite sure what it is, but I like it. I will have to add, though, that this really doesn't last long at all. It's gone in a very very short amount of time.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I know i shouldn't be saying this but, i love these shadows! The shades are just so pretty, especially the hi pearl ones. I like the packaging, applicator is pretty good, staying power isn't so great but the texture is okay. I don't have a problem with going to the bathroom to smooth it out from my crease. :) These are also very cheap and like i said the shades and intensity of them are great.

I love Night Sky. It's a shimmery black that works great as a liner, and if you can pull it off (which I can't) it looks great as a full-on shadow as well. It is crease-proof and does not irriate sensitive eyes, just like it claims on the package, which is also nice. The applicator sucks though so I suggest getting a bulk pack of applicators for $1 to $2 at your local drugstore and using one of them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I haven't used these eyeshadows in a few years, but it seems like even though they're said to be "improved" they haven't changed a bit. It seemed like no matter how much I put on I never really could see it, and I agree with the previous posters who say it was real chalky. I threw out all the ones I had.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

As Nancy Reagan advised, Just Say No. These are terrible and poorly pigmented - I had to scrape and scrape the applicator on the surfaces and still hardly got any pigment on the sponge. Worst of all, it actually started flaking off in granules when I swiped it. This is by far the cruddiest e/s I've ever tried.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used to hate these eyeshadow's because thought they have beautiful shades, the application and pigmentation leave much to be desired...But I noticed the other day a little sign up near the wall where the eyeshadow's are that said they were improved...so I picked up 'tassled taupes' variations of goldish taupes. Love, love love it....wonderful product went on smooth, lasted all day...will purchase again, the price is right.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Maybelline eyeshadows!! They have beautiful wearable colors and ever since L'Oreal bought Maybelline they really have gotten some better quality items. I have the single eyeshadow in SILKEN TAUPE--great color--it's a shimmery taupe color, similar to my NARS Ashes to Ashes. I wear the Silken Taupe more though because it's more pigmented and I just like the color better. It wears well and doesn't crease all day. I also have Preppy In Pink and Pink Opal (which I think they discontinued-but they have one called Pink Sands which is close). I also have have a couple trios and love those too. I will be getting more of these! But I really do recommend the Silken Taupe, beautiful color!