Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 19-24

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have TONS of eyeshadow sets, and the majority of them are from Maybelline Expert Eyes. The colors are great and show up very well; are easy to blend and work with. My favorite sets are Grey Matters, Rose Tints, Crown Jewels, and Catty Eyes (haven't seen that last one in any store in a long time though). Whenever I'm looking for a new set of eyeshadow, I usually turn to Maybelline Expert Eyes. The only faults I find with it are the packaging- the shape of the tin makes it impossible to keep them stacked neatly in my cosmetics box, and sometimes the sponge on the applicator splits in half. (The packaging is the reason I rated this a 4). The eyeshadows definitely make up for this though and are totally worth it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently bought this eyeshadow in Tranquil Sands, which i find is a pretty beige shade. I had been looking forward to buying this color because i wanted to have a natural looking eyeshadow that would be close to my lid color while still making my eyes look a bit more polished. I find that it's very easy to wear and apply, and a very good color to use for a quick / simple look. I feel like this is the kind of shade that i could apply without necessarily being too precise because it seems to be a very forgiving, easy-going color. This also has a satin finish with a very slight sheen to it, which i like as well. I've been trying this eyeshadow out for a few days, and so far i am liking it a lot. If there are any changes, i will be sure to update!

I have 2 ExpertWear Monos in Spring Green and I Love Lilac. I put it on at 7 AM and this eyeshadow still looks great at 7 PM, it doesn`t crease at all and doesn`t fade (I always use a foundation).
The only one reason that stops me from buying more Maybelline products, is that they test on animals :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have lasting lilac on right now but I fing the color is weak and fades, I wet the brush and no I have STUNNING eyes, my only complaint is the color selection, if you have brown eyes get lasting lilac...or stick with a more expensive, higher end brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used Crème de Cocoa. It is a good, matte cocoa brown; I really like the color. It doesn’t look too muddy on my skin, but it creases very easily (I have oily skin). I will not be buying it again for that reason.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a bunch of different colored Trio shadows. My two favorites are from a few years back, and they've been discontinued. Unfortunately, the new shades do not transfer to the eyelid nearly as well as the older shades. I don't know if they changed their formula or what, but I don't think I'll be buying Maybelline shadow anymore, because it doesn't show up on the eye at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is so bad. There is no pigment to the eyeshadows. No matter what colour I buy, they all turn out to be a metallic silver colour on my eyelids. The eyeshadow tend to cake up when putting it on and disappears within hours of application. There are way better eyeshadows out there

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

colour doesn't really show up even when using proper brushes. you have to apply tons if you want some colour to show. not really worth it even if it is relatively cheap. i definitely do not recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am on my second silken taupe, which is a shimmery high perle colour. I have blue eyes and this really makes them pop, which I love, also for such a shimmery colour its perfect for day and evening which is probably why I go through these like it's nobody's business, but now that you know maybe you can enjoy this one too:)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this eye shadow in Lilac Pearl. It shows up as a very light, shimmery purple. I really liked it! It's easy to blend with other colors, and it's cheap. But it takes a lot of eyeshadow to get even just a light color, so I went through it really quick.