Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have three of these eye shadows and I have to say they are decent. They aren't amazing, but for the price, I think they work well. I have two shimmery shades (a green and a light brown) and one matte shade (a dark brown.) I have to say that the shimmery shades seem a little easier to apply, for whatever reason. However, all of these shadows are pretty easy to blend and they are pigmented fairly well. They staying power isn't perfect, but some primer makes them last. I keep the sponge applicators that come with these, and when I really want staying power and bright color, I'll wet the applicators and then apply.
Overall, these aren't bad at all, especially for the price. I keep my matte brown shade in my purse for touch ups and it had really come in handy at times :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have TONS of eyeshadow sets, and the majority of them are from Maybelline Expert Eyes. The colors are great and show up very well; are easy to blend and work with. My favorite sets are Grey Matters, Rose Tints, Crown Jewels, and Catty Eyes (haven't seen that last one in any store in a long time though). Whenever I'm looking for a new set of eyeshadow, I usually turn to Maybelline Expert Eyes. The only faults I find with it are the packaging- the shape of the tin makes it impossible to keep them stacked neatly in my cosmetics box, and sometimes the sponge on the applicator splits in half. (The packaging is the reason I rated this a 4). The eyeshadows definitely make up for this though and are totally worth it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently bought this eyeshadow in Tranquil Sands, which i find is a pretty beige shade. I had been looking forward to buying this color because i wanted to have a natural looking eyeshadow that would be close to my lid color while still making my eyes look a bit more polished. I find that it's very easy to wear and apply, and a very good color to use for a quick / simple look. I feel like this is the kind of shade that i could apply without necessarily being too precise because it seems to be a very forgiving, easy-going color. This also has a satin finish with a very slight sheen to it, which i like as well. I've been trying this eyeshadow out for a few days, and so far i am liking it a lot. If there are any changes, i will be sure to update!

I got this in black, green, and 2 different shades of blue. The colors are bright, but not as bright as i would like. Im talking neon shades so i never really wear them. They are really really good though for $3 and for a drugstore brand. I would deffinatly reccomend to anyone who needs quick eyeshadow!

I love the colours and the price - but not the quality.

Even when I wear an eyeshadow primer underneath, the shadow doesn't last very long. The colours are also not very intense.

I have 2 ExpertWear Monos in Spring Green and I Love Lilac. I put it on at 7 AM and this eyeshadow still looks great at 7 PM, it doesn`t crease at all and doesn`t fade (I always use a foundation).
The only one reason that stops me from buying more Maybelline products, is that they test on animals :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have lasting lilac on right now but I fing the color is weak and fades, I wet the brush and no I have STUNNING eyes, my only complaint is the color selection, if you have brown eyes get lasting lilac...or stick with a more expensive, higher end brand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a big fan of this stuff, its neat that they show you how to apply it to achieve a 'look'. The little applicators it comes with are terrible and I didn't like the colour on me at all. I think this stuff is only so-so and not really worth the money unless you find colours you like or just like the fact thats its a 4 in 1 compact.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had the Expert Eyes Eyeshadow in a quad that I don't think they sell any more. The colors were pale pink, light blue, light green, and violet. I liked the colors a lot and appreciated their subtelness. They went on smooth and didn't crease. They had average durability for me, lasting maybe half the day. Overall, I threw them out because they were old and because I am switching to more natural makeup.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is no shadow. It takes so many swaps on the eyelids to see ANYTHING. And after I finally get some product on there, it fades in a flash. There is substance. The package is pretty simple, no mirror. They seem to have very nice colors, too bad they don't work. Never buying this again.