Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin type : Combination

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

You get what you pay for. You can't spend $4 on an eyeshadow and expect it to be like a mac shadow. This is a decent shadow. Sure you may have to use a little more to make it show up as well, but it does last pretty well and they do have so pretty colors. I would recommend this for a color you're not sure you'd like to try out or for someone who is a beginner to makeup.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

So, I dont know what everyone elses problem is with this product but I LOVE these shadows. I have so many of the singles and quads. They are VERY pigmented! I always apply my eyeshadows wet or with primer under them which I dont know why anyone wouldnt. Most shadow dont last very long or show up very well without a little bit of water or primer! These are extremely cheap and they work well if you apply them like i stated above. When done that way it lasts ALL day without creasing and also the color stays true! AND its so affordably that you can get alot of colors! Look out for coupons in the paper also to make them even cheaper!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

i normally love all the high end brands like mac but i thought id save my money and get this. i got a really pretty shimmery white colour 2day as a highlight and i must say the colour pay off is fab im happy i got this :)

I really liked the shades of brown I found in this line, but the shadow isn't top quality. I find it fades quickly. What I really hate, though, is the compact it comes in. It's nearly impossible to open and the top quickly breaks off from the bottom. Cheap! I won't buy this one again.

I have this product in "Turquoise Jewel" and I actually like it, contrary to the other reviewers. However, I only use it as an eyeliner and I have to wet the brush to apply it so that it shows up. It's such a pretty color when used wet, but it does fade through the day. So, buy it if you don't mind reapplying every few hours.

I have the trio set called "Evening Shimmer". Perfect for a smoky look. On the package it tells you which color to put on which part of eye which is very helpful. The silver is nice and shimmering. Can be used with other shadows and colors. Don't really like the white. A bit chalky. The black is great for the darker look effect. Overall pretty good for the price. Have not tried other pigments yet.

Colors are great but they have no lasting effect and crease within a few hours, even after using a primer and translucent powder.

The one thing I will say this eyeshadow has going for it is the fact that the color payoff is wonderful (however, this only applies if you keep layering on the eyeshadow), but this is completely negated by all other aspects of the shadow. The consistency is extremely chalky and hard to pack onto a brush, and the moment I put it on my lids, there is instant fallout. Even worse, this eyeshadow will not stick. I apply it as a lid color, and the moment I blend it with another color, 90% of the color is blended away. Trust me, I am a big fan of drugstore eye shadows, but this is just horrible. If you want a quality cheap eye shadow, I suggest the CoverGirl single eyeshadows. They are almost the same price but have better sticking and staying power.

I cannot understand the glowing reviews, because this is one of the worst, if not THE absolute WORST eyeshadow I've ever used. Smooth & blendable my ass! I have the black one w/sparkles & the turquoise one, and both of them are chalky, powdery, and somehow manage to flake & get all over the place no matter how carefully I apply them. You know how some shadows harden & solidify in the pan & you have to scrape off the top layer to get any product on your brush? Yeah, these will do that after ONE USE. And when I actually manage to get any color on my lids, it transfers all over the rest of my eyelid & rubs off.

Truly, truly terrible. It's hard to screw up eyeshadow, I mean, it's just colored powder, right? How hard can it be to make decent eyeshadow? Well, obviously Maybelline can't figure it out. Don't EVER buy these shadows. If you want cheap makeup, go with Cover Girl or Jane.

Funny... the overall rating here is bad but there are a lot of shining reviews. Regardless, I HATE this eye shadow. I have the duo in "grey matters", which I bought to help me achieve a smokey eye. I have never been happy with it! The brush it comes with is crap, yes, but even with my nice brush it doesn't work well! The powder is not at all silky, very dry and doesn't go on smooth. Plus, whenever I try to put it on, WAY more product flakes and gets under my eyes than on my lids. This is especially bad with a color like grey because it makes me look like I have dark circles! Plus it's too much sparkle (and I am not normally against sparkle) with not enough pigment. The glitter is WAY too chunky and obvious, not shimmery and subtle enough. And it doesn't blend nicely!
Nothing good to say about this except that it's cheap. I will throw this out as soon as I get a new grey shadow. This is the first product I have not been worried about wasting.