Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.9

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have many of this shadows ~ Earthly Taupe, Champagne Fizz, Linen, Tranquil Sands, Silver Lining, Silken Taupe and Antique Jade. The lighter shades are actually the best highlighters that I have found.

My two favorites are Earthly Taupe and Champagne Fizz. Earthly Taupe is great for a naked matte look as an all over color wash. It works perfectly with eyeliner for a no makeup look. Champagne Fizz was a matte shade, but the newest one I purchased was shimmer, which is a total disappointment. This was may favorite brow highlight. These shades are getting harder and harder to find. It appears that Maybelline is pushing their quads vs. single shades.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I found these shadows to have very little pigment. I spent more time trying to pick up enough color on the brush than to apply it on my eyelids! I rather spend the extra money to have pigmented shadows.

I don't like this product. The eyeshadow isn't very pigmented AT ALL. It only works if its wet, and even then it's still not that great. Ugh, well I'll keep mine so i can empty out the tin and use it for other pigment pressing.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought jade it is really pretty. Formula is great, no fall out, great creamy formula. I would buy more colors.

I have this in silver lining, and emerald. I do not like this at all. Looks beautiful in the packaging, but the colors are not pigmented...luckily I got this for free. But would not buy other wise..

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

With Maybelline It's always a hit or a miss.The hits are very far and in-between from what I have tried.After picking this up and trying it,yes I was a bit disapointed the color was duo in "Sea Glass" and it looked amazing in the case but I should of remembered not all eyeshadows wear like MAC.There are those few out there that do.So I took a chance and bought this.This is such a chalky eyeshadow having way more talc then pigment.After I put it on it with a professional brush stroking the colors over 10 x each to get a fair pigment I did not like the result at all.This was the first time I had ever tried the expert wear eyeshadow.Overall this is a piece of junk and proved to be very,very poor quality.

The packaging is very cheap and breaks easily.
I bought it in black (nightsky I believe) and it works great over liner but the other colours aren't as good (such as sparkling wine). They are washed out and when applied look like a competely different colour than advertised.
The only one I would purchase again is the black.

Bah, this was okay. The coverage wasn't too good. The colour selection is great, but they don't offer many different textures (matte/sparkly/etc), and they don't stay for long. I recommend using a primer on your lids, then dusting with loose powder to boost their staying power.

I bought in Designer Chocolates, on sale too. Luckily I did, because all you get ont he brush is shimmershimmershimmershimmershimmer. Even using an eyeshadow brush doesn't help much. Wouldn't repurchase.

I bought this in sweet mystique because the blue looked like it matched my grad dress perfectly. However, when I actually applied it it barely showed up at all. Same with the pink. The only decent shadow in the trio was the pale yellow, but I still had to layer it on heavily to get it to show up. the only way I would buy it again was for the yellow, which is a unique, hard to find color. The other 2 in the trio suck

Popular Eye Shadows