Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 19-24

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

I only own one of these eye shadows cause it came with my Maybelline eyeliner for free. I have it in a black glittery color and it works alright. I don't use it often so I still have a lot but it's definitely a very cheap, dry, powdery eye shadow. It doesn't really last long and I have to make sure my eyes are very moisturized (to the point of stickiness, like with Vaseline) so that this shadow will stay on.

This is actually really good and Im glad I bought it. I have the color TAPESTRY TAUPE and its gorgeous for hazel or geen eyes. It applies smoothly and looks great. The olny con is after about 6 hours it creases. Which i hate ! but the color is amazing and i use it every day so Im sticking with this !

too grainy to my liking. poor lasting power...although they look so pretty on the pan!

These things are sooo variable. The other day, I bought two different Expert Eyes trios at Target. The first was called "Tassled Taupes" and I adore it-- the color is rich and vibrant and lasts all day. The second palette was called "Impeccable Greys" and it is absolutely the worst eyeshadow I've ever owned-- the color just *won't* show up, no matter how many layers you put on. Maybelline has such a nice selection of colors-- it's a pity the quality is so hit-and-miss.

This was actually my first eye shadow; I got it in Browntones, Pacific Blues, and recently, Fairy Pretty. The Browntones is my favorite, and I think it shows up the best. The lighter shadow is a shimmery brown and the darker is a matte brown. To tell you the truth, it lasts better and creases less than my Clinique eye shadow (it doesn't feel as good, though). The applicator is crap and you do have to use a lot of product to get it to show up, but it's cheap and does the job. Pacific Blues doesn't really show up. I like the silver, shimmery shade as a base for other things, but the blue shadow is an odd color and doesn't last. As for Fairy Pretty, I've only worn it twice, and I don't like it that much. The neutral shimmery shade is good, but I don't like the pink. It doesn't show up at all (I have pale-medium skin).

Overall, I'd say that maybe the older shadow works better than the newer colors. I don't know. But I'd buy some again if there was a color that I liked.

THESE ARE THE WORST EYESHADOWS I HAVE EVER BOUGHT! they supposedly came out with new and improved expert eyes eyeshadow. but when i put the shadow on my finger and then put it one my eyelid, all i get is a chalky mess all over. these eyeshadows SUCK!. from now on i'm sticking to Mac and Urban Decay, those eyeshadows are worth the price.

These are some of the crappiest, chalkiest shadows around... waste of money imo.

Ew Ew Ew. I hate these eyeshadows. The colors always look so pretty in the package and then you put them on your eyelid and you see...nothing. I found myself applying more and more and still very little results. Horrible texture and pigmentation. Will never buy again...okay, I might buy it in a few years after I forget how terrible they are. :)

I love my Champagne Freeze and my Blue Blazes!!

The colors are nice but they don't stay put, go right to the creases. I'd rather pay more for a brand that would stay where its suppossed to