Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin type : Other

1.9

Price: $

Price: $

I only own one of these eye shadows cause it came with my Maybelline eyeliner for free. I have it in a black glittery color and it works alright. I don't use it often so I still have a lot but it's definitely a very cheap, dry, powdery eye shadow. It doesn't really last long and I have to make sure my eyes are very moisturized (to the point of stickiness, like with Vaseline) so that this shadow will stay on.

This is actually really good and Im glad I bought it. I have the color TAPESTRY TAUPE and its gorgeous for hazel or geen eyes. It applies smoothly and looks great. The olny con is after about 6 hours it creases. Which i hate ! but the color is amazing and i use it every day so Im sticking with this !

Thank God I bought this on a sale. So many cons with this stuff: (1) the colors aren't very intense so you have to pile it on to see the color; (2) consistency is hard and chalky so it skips when you put it on; (3) when you finally put enough on to see the color, its not the color in the pan. The one redeeming quality of this is that its dirt cheap. This is a case of getting what you paid for. I put it in my gym bag for emergencies.

I have never tried Maybelline Eyeshadows until yesterday and i gotta say it was crap. I got the color Citylights (silver w/ faint glitter) and put it on the other day. Well nothing showed up on my eyelids and i'm fair. I dont know how the other colors are and if they would do the same or not. There are better drugstore eyeshadows out there like Milani or Jane. Stay away from this stuff unless you've found a color that actually shows up.

Holy crap - this a bad. I was literally scraping the brush across it to get any color and still... nothing! Can't believe they can sell a product this bad.

I got a single in Head-to-Taupe. The color is not very pigmented and it's very flaky. Just using it by sweeping the applicator over the shadow, the shadow flaked inside the compact. I don't mind sheer looking shadows, but with this one, I was looking for the color, and it didn't deliver for me.

too grainy to my liking. poor lasting power...although they look so pretty on the pan!

These things are sooo variable. The other day, I bought two different Expert Eyes trios at Target. The first was called "Tassled Taupes" and I adore it-- the color is rich and vibrant and lasts all day. The second palette was called "Impeccable Greys" and it is absolutely the worst eyeshadow I've ever owned-- the color just *won't* show up, no matter how many layers you put on. Maybelline has such a nice selection of colors-- it's a pity the quality is so hit-and-miss.

This was actually my first eye shadow; I got it in Browntones, Pacific Blues, and recently, Fairy Pretty. The Browntones is my favorite, and I think it shows up the best. The lighter shadow is a shimmery brown and the darker is a matte brown. To tell you the truth, it lasts better and creases less than my Clinique eye shadow (it doesn't feel as good, though). The applicator is crap and you do have to use a lot of product to get it to show up, but it's cheap and does the job. Pacific Blues doesn't really show up. I like the silver, shimmery shade as a base for other things, but the blue shadow is an odd color and doesn't last. As for Fairy Pretty, I've only worn it twice, and I don't like it that much. The neutral shimmery shade is good, but I don't like the pink. It doesn't show up at all (I have pale-medium skin).

Overall, I'd say that maybe the older shadow works better than the newer colors. I don't know. But I'd buy some again if there was a color that I liked.

THESE ARE THE WORST EYESHADOWS I HAVE EVER BOUGHT! they supposedly came out with new and improved expert eyes eyeshadow. but when i put the shadow on my finger and then put it one my eyelid, all i get is a chalky mess all over. these eyeshadows SUCK!. from now on i'm sticking to Mac and Urban Decay, those eyeshadows are worth the price.