Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by skin tone : Other

2.9

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Review for Champagne Fizz. This is a beautiful skin toned shadow. It creates a lovely neutral eye base by evening out minor discoloration. Perfect to apply other shadow over or leave as is. It is called matte, but is not a true matte, there is just enough glow to it to keep it from looking powdery and flat. Packaging is not very good, but price and shadow is.

I only own one of these eye shadows cause it came with my Maybelline eyeliner for free. I have it in a black glittery color and it works alright. I don't use it often so I still have a lot but it's definitely a very cheap, dry, powdery eye shadow. It doesn't really last long and I have to make sure my eyes are very moisturized (to the point of stickiness, like with Vaseline) so that this shadow will stay on.

I've only bought the black eyeshadow so far, but I think it's great! I recommend that with any eyeshadow, you put down a primer or fixer that will hold the color before applying it. I have to do that with this, however for the price and the deep dark pigment I get with it, it's pretty nice. I've also borrowed my friends black eyeshadows from other drugstore brands and this mine worked the best for me.

I use Creme de Cocoa. I will cry, cry, cry if it is ever discontinued! LOL Last summer I had to go to several stores to find it so I bought 3. Revlon discontinued a color I loved a couple of years ago-never found a sub.

the colour doesn't show up. it looks nice though...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

colour doesn't really show up even when using proper brushes. you have to apply tons if you want some colour to show. not really worth it even if it is relatively cheap. i definitely do not recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I buy this in a variety of colors, I like it because it looks nice on my fair skin and dosen't overpower. It goes on well if you clean off your sponge every week so the extra dosen't build up.After about 6 hours it does crease in the middle of your eyes, which can be kind of annoying. I like it enough to keep buying it.

This stuff never has as much pigment or blendability as higher end shadows, but I always end up picking one up at the drugstore when a pretty color catches my eye. Alas, it's never the same on my eyelids as it is in the pan, especially bright or shimmery shades.

HORRIBLE PRODUCT! The texture is all chalky and it doesn't apply smoothly at all. It's WAYY too shimmery in a bad way (you know, when the shimmer isn't fine enough and it just looks tacky?) It costs around $3.50 or so...I got mine (Lilac and another cream/white color awhile ago) on clearance, but I should have resisted the temptation to buy this one. DON'T BUY IT!