Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my GOD

I finally found my perfect matte brown eyeshadow. And...whaaaat? It's MAYBELLINE?

Okay, so I'm *ahem* older. I'm 41. What does that mean, class? (everyone in unison) WRINKLES!!! Nooo, not wrinkles...well, yes those too, but CREPEY LIDS. Crinkly, like seersucker (or plissé, if you're really old).

And what is Kryptonite for crepey lids? SHIMMER. If you're a blue-eyed, bright shadow wimp like me, you tend to stick to browns. You know, brown+blue=pop! Ostensibly. Even if I could find a nice brown shadow without shimmer (and they're damnably rare, let me tell you), another problem rears up...

Just about every.damn.brown.shadow out there had RED undertones. The kind that make you look like you've been up all night, sniffing coke and eyeballing guys with questionable morals. (Do people even snort coke any more? I haven't been on scene in sooo long...anyway...)

In comes Maybelline with their three buck Mocha (something or other) eyeshadow single. I'm too lazy to get off the bed and give you the exact name. But it has the word "Mocha" in it. Hey, I said I'm old. And I had knee surgery too...okay, it was three months ago. I'm just lazy.

I'm in Wal Mart, doing the bimonthly family shopping trip, with an enormously bulging basket, wanting to buy SOMETHING for myself, so I grabbed this, registered it was essentially matte, and threw it on top of the other stuff. I didn't have high hopes, not at all.

A few days later, I actually have a few minutes to futz with my makeup, so I start playing. And holy cow, here's a buildable, mostly matte brown with NO RED TONES. I can use it as a wash of color, darken it at the outer corners, wet it as eyeliner, yikes holycrapnoWAY!!! Hubby heard my uncharacteristic squealing in the bathroom,and came charging in, ready to kill whatever fearsome beastie was threatening his woman. When I explained it was the eyeshadow, you can imagine the look I got.

Men. They just don't understand. After all those hours with him, spent looking for the perfect...whatever...for his car/motorcycle/computer, you'd think he'd GET my makeup obsession. But no.

Downside is (and isn't there always a downside) that it will crease - and formidably so - if you don't use a primer. I do, and problem solved. I have finally found a matte-ish (and I keep saying that because it has the lightest of satin finishes, but no shimmer) brown shadow to pair with my WNW HG, Brulee, and I've dropped at least three steps from my makeup routine. I've noticed that as I have gotten older, I still want to look pretty...I just don't want to spend an hour doing it. Thumbs up and five lippes.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

So, I dont know what everyone elses problem is with this product but I LOVE these shadows. I have so many of the singles and quads. They are VERY pigmented! I always apply my eyeshadows wet or with primer under them which I dont know why anyone wouldnt. Most shadow dont last very long or show up very well without a little bit of water or primer! These are extremely cheap and they work well if you apply them like i stated above. When done that way it lasts ALL day without creasing and also the color stays true! AND its so affordably that you can get alot of colors! Look out for coupons in the paper also to make them even cheaper!

I have 2 ExpertWear Monos in Spring Green and I Love Lilac. I put it on at 7 AM and this eyeshadow still looks great at 7 PM, it doesn`t crease at all and doesn`t fade (I always use a foundation).
The only one reason that stops me from buying more Maybelline products, is that they test on animals :(

I use Creme de Cocoa. I will cry, cry, cry if it is ever discontinued! LOL Last summer I had to go to several stores to find it so I bought 3. Revlon discontinued a color I loved a couple of years ago-never found a sub.

ExpertEyes/ExpertWear. Same thing? I have ExpertWear in 'eletric blue' and have no problem with it. It is an amazing color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought an eye shadow quad with a bright neon blue, pastel blue, pastel purple and white. I love it so much! it came packaged with some lipstick that I don't like and some bright blue nail polish, but all 3 of those things were all packaged together and they were only $4 at target, so I was psyched cuz I had been eyeing that bright blue eye shadow for awhile. I wear it every day with a little bit of the purple around the corners of my eyes, and I get so many compliments on my eye makeup. it was funny when I went on a date the other night and the guy I was with told me he didn't like how much eyemakeup I was wearing (blue shadow with blue eyeliner...big deal) and while I was with him I got like 3 different compliments on my eye makeup. haha. I layer this stuff over a cheapy cream eye shadow from the dollar tree (actually it was maybelline, I don't know why it was at the dollar tree) so it stays on all day long, even overnight if I don't wash it off (yuck)

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using EE Quad in Seashore Frosts for about 3-4 years or more, however long it's been out and I LOVE it! I'm very pale and usually have the darker pink (or maybe I should say brighter??? it stands out more than the pale peach color in the quad!) and the baby blue color all the time. I LOVE these and they're perfect for me!!! :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am on my second silken taupe, which is a shimmery high perle colour. I have blue eyes and this really makes them pop, which I love, also for such a shimmery colour its perfect for day and evening which is probably why I go through these like it's nobody's business, but now that you know maybe you can enjoy this one too:)

I have this in Almondine, a light ivory frost/shimmer. I wear it as a browbone highlight, so I can't judge on how it creases. But it had great staying power, and applied smoothly.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this in Almondine, a sheer creamy frost. Works well for highlighting brow bones, cheek bones and nose.