Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love Maybelline eyeshadows!! They have beautiful wearable colors and ever since L'Oreal bought Maybelline they really have gotten some better quality items. I have the single eyeshadow in SILKEN TAUPE--great color--it's a shimmery taupe color, similar to my NARS Ashes to Ashes. I wear the Silken Taupe more though because it's more pigmented and I just like the color better. It wears well and doesn't crease all day. I also have Preppy In Pink and Pink Opal (which I think they discontinued-but they have one called Pink Sands which is close). I also have have a couple trios and love those too. I will be getting more of these! But I really do recommend the Silken Taupe, beautiful color!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I buy this in a variety of colors, I like it because it looks nice on my fair skin and dosen't overpower. It goes on well if you clean off your sponge every week so the extra dosen't build up.After about 6 hours it does crease in the middle of your eyes, which can be kind of annoying. I like it enough to keep buying it.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I used to hate these eyeshadow's because thought they have beautiful shades, the application and pigmentation leave much to be desired...But I noticed the other day a little sign up near the wall where the eyeshadow's are that said they were improved...so I picked up 'tassled taupes' variations of goldish taupes. Love, love love it....wonderful product went on smooth, lasted all day...will purchase again, the price is right.

I love the colours and the price - but not the quality.

Even when I wear an eyeshadow primer underneath, the shadow doesn't last very long. The colours are also not very intense.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Good thing I bought this on clearance from Target! I got Almondine (pearl) - a light cream color. After a few uses, it turned chunky and hard. In addition to the fact that it faded just 20 min after applying, I decided that it wasn't worth it. However, today I somewhat salvaged it by using a small knifeblade to scrape the product and turn it into loose powder. Then I applied it with a wet applicator. Success!! It lasted about 3 hours before beginning to fade. Hence, SOMEWHAT salvaged. However, I won't buy again because Jane's Eye Zing in White Lies is a much better consistency and lasts a lot longer. Oh well. It was worth a try!

I only own one of these eye shadows cause it came with my Maybelline eyeliner for free. I have it in a black glittery color and it works alright. I don't use it often so I still have a lot but it's definitely a very cheap, dry, powdery eye shadow. It doesn't really last long and I have to make sure my eyes are very moisturized (to the point of stickiness, like with Vaseline) so that this shadow will stay on.

I don't like this product. The eyeshadow isn't very pigmented AT ALL. It only works if its wet, and even then it's still not that great. Ugh, well I'll keep mine so i can empty out the tin and use it for other pigment pressing.

the colour doesn't show up. it looks nice though...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

colour doesn't really show up even when using proper brushes. you have to apply tons if you want some colour to show. not really worth it even if it is relatively cheap. i definitely do not recommend.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Sometimes it is better to just spend a little more and get something good. That is pretty much the case here. They have a lot of colors to choose from but I broke the applicator trying to get anough on my brush to show up on my skin, and it fade half way through the day. I had 2 light and one dark color in the set, but they all were very light when you put them on. If you can afford anything else, do it.