Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love these eyeshadows! I have them in tons of colors and I use most of them a lot. It's true that some of them are very unpigmented, but most of them show up very well. My favorite one is in Sparkling Wine, which is a brown-maroon color with gold shimmer. It's a gorgeous color and the pigmentation as great!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using Maybelline shadows for years and have had very little to complain about. I've read a lot of reviews that say the shadows aren't very pigmented, but I would have to strongly disagree. I found the opposite to be true. Although I do see better results when I apply it with my finger rather than a brush or sponge applicator. In fact the only complaint I would have is that Maybelline doesn't seem to make any matte finish shadows, only shimmer and pearl. Other than that I have to say that I love and will continue to purchase Maybelline eye shadows.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought one single eyeshadow color called Preppy In Pink. I also bought two duo shadows called Berry Chic, and Grey Matters. Honestly, I thought that the single eyeshadow was blush. I must've just missed the label or something. Anyway, I have used it for my eyes and I have to say that I like it. I don't exactly adore it, but I like it enought to buy it again, although not as a single shade. It is a little hard to notice on the eyes, but it gives just the tiniest bit of color and highlight to my cheeks. I guess that's why it wasn't made into a blush. I like the duos though. The Berry Chic is very pretty. It is easily blendable so you can layer on different color shades for different effects. I haven't tried the Grey Matters yet, but I love the smoky look, and I'm sure it'll give me that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

These powder eyeshadows are a hit or miss. Personally, I like them and for the price they worth a try. I admit that some of them are pure crap (e.g. Country Club quad) but I've found many lovely shadows that became keepers for me, such as Silken Taupe, Bermuda Bronze, Kola Nut, Renaissance Nights duo, Copper Cabana & Indigo Chic trios, Hip Hip Brocade quad and many more. So, if you see a shade you like, just take it home and play with it, after all it won't break the bank ;)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Good thing I bought this on clearance from Target! I got Almondine (pearl) - a light cream color. After a few uses, it turned chunky and hard. In addition to the fact that it faded just 20 min after applying, I decided that it wasn't worth it. However, today I somewhat salvaged it by using a small knifeblade to scrape the product and turn it into loose powder. Then I applied it with a wet applicator. Success!! It lasted about 3 hours before beginning to fade. Hence, SOMEWHAT salvaged. However, I won't buy again because Jane's Eye Zing in White Lies is a much better consistency and lasts a lot longer. Oh well. It was worth a try!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I remember receiving a compact of this for my 15th birthday. The colors were of a steely blue palette. I loved the colors and shimmer, but Maybelline eyeshadows in general show up in a chalky wash on my lids.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For a drugstore eyeshadow, I'm okay with the result of this eyeshadow. I own the Grey Suede pan which comes out more like a pearly white. I can't use this by itself though. I blend many many colors with it, so I guess I use it more as a base color than anything else. It also fades quickly, definite reapplication is needed.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Sometimes it is better to just spend a little more and get something good. That is pretty much the case here. They have a lot of colors to choose from but I broke the applicator trying to get anough on my brush to show up on my skin, and it fade half way through the day. I had 2 light and one dark color in the set, but they all were very light when you put them on. If you can afford anything else, do it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Creased, no pigmentation, too shimmery, unblendable. One of the worst eye shadows I've ever bought.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

These are the worst drugstore eyeshadows I've ever used! All of them are pure frost, crease like mad and don't go on smoothly at all! It's a shame too as many of the colours are lovely to look at. But seriously don't waste your money here, stick to the good drugstore eyeshadows like Revlon.