Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Let me just keep it real. These shadows suck. They are sort of pretty in the compact, but that's all. There is NO pigmentation once this shadow is applied. Therefore, you must pack on tons of product in order to get some type of result. To add salt on that wound, the color that you have packed on doesn't last very long. Buy something else....Anything else.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Sometimes it is better to just spend a little more and get something good. That is pretty much the case here. They have a lot of colors to choose from but I broke the applicator trying to get anough on my brush to show up on my skin, and it fade half way through the day. I had 2 light and one dark color in the set, but they all were very light when you put them on. If you can afford anything else, do it.

C to the R to the A to the P! Worst ever, and I got a quad of these for free with a mail-in rebate. Yep, they have to give these away, folks! continued >>

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Maybelline eye shadows come in very pretty colors, but quality and consistency are lacking. Packaging is poor quality, too: the plastic breaks, the hinges break...crapola. To paraphrase one previous reviewer, these shadows quickly get clumpy, bumpy, yucky, weird. They do! I can't figure it out. When you run the sponge applicator over one part of the shadow cake, everything is fine. But right next to the "normal" powder will be this bump, hardened, that refuses to be picked up by the sponge. If you press harder on the bump, it will crumble and in some cases cause the entire shadow cake to break. I don't want any more of these! I can't let myself get suckered by the cheap price and pretty colors. Also, Maybelline shadows tend to crease in two hours or so.

This stuff never has as much pigment or blendability as higher end shadows, but I always end up picking one up at the drugstore when a pretty color catches my eye. Alas, it's never the same on my eyelids as it is in the pan, especially bright or shimmery shades.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hey, if you like chalky, extremely cheesy frosty eyeshadows with no pigments, its all for you, baby.

These eyeshadows creased like mad on me. They aren't that pigmented either. Yes, they're cheap, but why spend money on something that doesn't work? I'd rather pay a little more to get something that I'll actually use.

I only own one of these eye shadows cause it came with my Maybelline eyeliner for free. I have it in a black glittery color and it works alright. I don't use it often so I still have a lot but it's definitely a very cheap, dry, powdery eye shadow. It doesn't really last long and I have to make sure my eyes are very moisturized (to the point of stickiness, like with Vaseline) so that this shadow will stay on.

I don't like this product. The eyeshadow isn't very pigmented AT ALL. It only works if its wet, and even then it's still not that great. Ugh, well I'll keep mine so i can empty out the tin and use it for other pigment pressing.

the colour doesn't show up. it looks nice though...