Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

I got these eye shadows on sale. I bought a purple, aqua blue color, darker blue, a green, & a silver. What a waste of money! The colors look pretty but it does not show up like that on my eye. It's spotty & sheer. It takes a lot of eye shadow packed on to get some color. I was pretty disappointed . Wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Let me just keep it real. These shadows suck. They are sort of pretty in the compact, but that's all. There is NO pigmentation once this shadow is applied. Therefore, you must pack on tons of product in order to get some type of result. To add salt on that wound, the color that you have packed on doesn't last very long. Buy something else....Anything else.

The one thing I will say this eyeshadow has going for it is the fact that the color payoff is wonderful (however, this only applies if you keep layering on the eyeshadow), but this is completely negated by all other aspects of the shadow. The consistency is extremely chalky and hard to pack onto a brush, and the moment I put it on my lids, there is instant fallout. Even worse, this eyeshadow will not stick. I apply it as a lid color, and the moment I blend it with another color, 90% of the color is blended away. Trust me, I am a big fan of drugstore eye shadows, but this is just horrible. If you want a quality cheap eye shadow, I suggest the CoverGirl single eyeshadows. They are almost the same price but have better sticking and staying power.

I cannot understand the glowing reviews, because this is one of the worst, if not THE absolute WORST eyeshadow I've ever used. Smooth & blendable my ass! I have the black one w/sparkles & the turquoise one, and both of them are chalky, powdery, and somehow manage to flake & get all over the place no matter how carefully I apply them. You know how some shadows harden & solidify in the pan & you have to scrape off the top layer to get any product on your brush? Yeah, these will do that after ONE USE. And when I actually manage to get any color on my lids, it transfers all over the rest of my eyelid & rubs off.

Truly, truly terrible. It's hard to screw up eyeshadow, I mean, it's just colored powder, right? How hard can it be to make decent eyeshadow? Well, obviously Maybelline can't figure it out. Don't EVER buy these shadows. If you want cheap makeup, go with Cover Girl or Jane.

Funny... the overall rating here is bad but there are a lot of shining reviews. Regardless, I HATE this eye shadow. I have the duo in "grey matters", which I bought to help me achieve a smokey eye. I have never been happy with it! The brush it comes with is crap, yes, but even with my nice brush it doesn't work well! The powder is not at all silky, very dry and doesn't go on smooth. Plus, whenever I try to put it on, WAY more product flakes and gets under my eyes than on my lids. This is especially bad with a color like grey because it makes me look like I have dark circles! Plus it's too much sparkle (and I am not normally against sparkle) with not enough pigment. The glitter is WAY too chunky and obvious, not shimmery and subtle enough. And it doesn't blend nicely!
Nothing good to say about this except that it's cheap. I will throw this out as soon as I get a new grey shadow. This is the first product I have not been worried about wasting.

I wanted to start doing smoky eyes and I bought a cheap shadow to experiment with. So I got Expert Wear shadow in Night Sky and.....This product is terrible! The color looks nice in the package but from the package you could tell that the texture wasn;t smooth, It look rough and you saw chunks of glitter in it. When I applied this on with a shadow base it still creased in out 1 hour of application.Thsi shaodw also had no pigment it looked grey not black and it has terrible fallout
Never ever will I be purchasing this again!

I never thought Maybelline eyeshadows were anything to really rave about, and their eyeshadows are no exception. They may have some decent and workable colors, but they're more "miss" than "hit" - especially if you're looking deeper/brighter colors.
A majority of the colors that they have are pretty much all filler, but they're not as bad as other drugstore brands.
So, with some colors you are going to keep digging until you get the desired result.

I'd check out the lighter colors in the Maybelline line, as they make some great highlighters for the eyes. Other than that, I wouldn't mess with them.

I didn't like the texture. Not finely milled at all. It was too gritty and didn't blend well. There was too much sparkle. I didn't like the colors too.

Thank God I bought this on a sale. So many cons with this stuff: (1) the colors aren't very intense so you have to pile it on to see the color; (2) consistency is hard and chalky so it skips when you put it on; (3) when you finally put enough on to see the color, its not the color in the pan. The one redeeming quality of this is that its dirt cheap. This is a case of getting what you paid for. I put it in my gym bag for emergencies.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

There is no shadow. It takes so many swaps on the eyelids to see ANYTHING. And after I finally get some product on there, it fades in a flash. There is substance. The package is pretty simple, no mirror. They seem to have very nice colors, too bad they don't work. Never buying this again.