Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by age: 44-55

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

I have many of this shadows ~ Earthly Taupe, Champagne Fizz, Linen, Tranquil Sands, Silver Lining, Silken Taupe and Antique Jade. The lighter shades are actually the best highlighters that I have found.

My two favorites are Earthly Taupe and Champagne Fizz. Earthly Taupe is great for a naked matte look as an all over color wash. It works perfectly with eyeliner for a no makeup look. Champagne Fizz was a matte shade, but the newest one I purchased was shimmer, which is a total disappointment. This was may favorite brow highlight. These shades are getting harder and harder to find. It appears that Maybelline is pushing their quads vs. single shades.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Review for Champagne Fizz. This is a beautiful skin toned shadow. It creates a lovely neutral eye base by evening out minor discoloration. Perfect to apply other shadow over or leave as is. It is called matte, but is not a true matte, there is just enough glow to it to keep it from looking powdery and flat. Packaging is not very good, but price and shadow is.

Bought the Expert Eyes in Night Sky. In the package, color looks BLACK, but on my fair skin, it translates to a beautiful charcoally smokey gray, very lovely. However, I haven't seen an eyeshadow that creases and fades as bad as this one in YEARS. Will try putting it on with a wet brush, but all in all, what a shame. Lovely color but needs reformulation.

I use Creme de Cocoa. I will cry, cry, cry if it is ever discontinued! LOL Last summer I had to go to several stores to find it so I bought 3. Revlon discontinued a color I loved a couple of years ago-never found a sub.

I have this in three colors, City Lights (light shimmery gray), Seashell (very light shimmery pink), and Champagne Fizz (light shimmery tan). I bought city lights first, and it did not show up as well as i had expected it to, but it is good for opening up my eyes and making them look brighter. Seashell wasn't near as pigmented as i would have liked it to be, and looks almost just like city lights on my eyes. Champagne fizz seemed to be the worst pigmented of the three, barely showing up on my eyelids at all. I wouldn't recommend these colors if you want something that's noticeable.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Awful. These shadows have no pigment, just powder. If you want inexpensive eye shadow, buy Nyx -- they're almost better than MAC! And they're cheaper than Maybelline.

I think it may have been a seasonal offering, but they had a tri-color (aqua, white and turquoise) that I bought just for the turquoise - it's very intense and has a second very interesting gold undertone. When wet, awesome.

The packaging? No mirror, but a window so you can see the color you are grabbing without hving to open tham all.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, I'm going to have to stray from the general consensus here and say I love, love, love this stuff. I just ordered fifty singles of the Earthy Taupe shade from Ulta.com. I can't live without this wonderfully very basic, neutral eye wash. I build on it to add more depth and color but if it's ever discontinued, I'll roll over and die. I realize I'm in the minority here.

I have the Trio in Chocolate Mousse. This palette of one ivory and two brownish-bronze shades has a soft, clumpy texture and applies much too sheerly. Not only is it impossible to build up any color at all, but these shadows flake like crazy. I have never experienced anything like it. Literally, more flakes remain in the compact than appear on the brush. And, wouldn't you know it, the top broke off after only a dozen or so applications. I'm sticking to Jane and Revlon.