Maybelline New York Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 36-43

3.0

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my GOD

I finally found my perfect matte brown eyeshadow. And...whaaaat? It's MAYBELLINE?

Okay, so I'm *ahem* older. I'm 41. What does that mean, class? (everyone in unison) WRINKLES!!! Nooo, not wrinkles...well, yes those too, but CREPEY LIDS. Crinkly, like seersucker (or plissé, if you're really old).

And what is Kryptonite for crepey lids? SHIMMER. If you're a blue-eyed, bright shadow wimp like me, you tend to stick to browns. You know, brown+blue=pop! Ostensibly. Even if I could find a nice brown shadow without shimmer (and they're damnably rare, let me tell you), another problem rears up...

Just about every.damn.brown.shadow out there had RED undertones. The kind that make you look like you've been up all night, sniffing coke and eyeballing guys with questionable morals. (Do people even snort coke any more? I haven't been on scene in sooo long...anyway...)

In comes Maybelline with their three buck Mocha (something or other) eyeshadow single. I'm too lazy to get off the bed and give you the exact name. But it has the word "Mocha" in it. Hey, I said I'm old. And I had knee surgery too...okay, it was three months ago. I'm just lazy.

I'm in Wal Mart, doing the bimonthly family shopping trip, with an enormously bulging basket, wanting to buy SOMETHING for myself, so I grabbed this, registered it was essentially matte, and threw it on top of the other stuff. I didn't have high hopes, not at all.

A few days later, I actually have a few minutes to futz with my makeup, so I start playing. And holy cow, here's a buildable, mostly matte brown with NO RED TONES. I can use it as a wash of color, darken it at the outer corners, wet it as eyeliner, yikes holycrapnoWAY!!! Hubby heard my uncharacteristic squealing in the bathroom,and came charging in, ready to kill whatever fearsome beastie was threatening his woman. When I explained it was the eyeshadow, you can imagine the look I got.

Men. They just don't understand. After all those hours with him, spent looking for the perfect...whatever...for his car/motorcycle/computer, you'd think he'd GET my makeup obsession. But no.

Downside is (and isn't there always a downside) that it will crease - and formidably so - if you don't use a primer. I do, and problem solved. I have finally found a matte-ish (and I keep saying that because it has the lightest of satin finishes, but no shimmer) brown shadow to pair with my WNW HG, Brulee, and I've dropped at least three steps from my makeup routine. I've noticed that as I have gotten older, I still want to look pretty...I just don't want to spend an hour doing it. Thumbs up and five lippes.

I liked the colour selections in the package but like everyone else where is the colour when you put it on?????